When your latex gloves start going tacky

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sol

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm using Santi textured gloves and the fingers are starting to stick together. I usually let them air dry and then dust with baby powder before putting them in an air-tight bag, but I read something somewhere about treating them with silicone spray. Anybody know anything about that?

1686602164327.png

I’d like to know as well.

Someone told me to not leave them exposed to direct sun.

I have switched to showas now and then don’t have this problem

I'm using corn starch baby powder, not talcum. And yes, I keep them out of direct sunlight as much as possible.

I've tried showas as well. Liked the 720s (nitrile) best, but they just don't have the flexibility and comfort I get with the Santi latex.

What kind of silicone spray are you using?

I recommend 303 Aerospace Protectant for latex seals and gloves. I used it back in my whitewater kayaking days to protect the hull of my kayak and the seals of my drysuit. The stuff works well and is advertised as sunscreen for your outdoor gear.

-Z

Reactions: Sol
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom