When life deals you wisdom teeth...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloha Joe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
...it's a good time to do some extraction!

First ever overhaul. It came apart fine, now it's headed to a bath of vinegar + water (metal) and soapy water (plastic). It should clean up fine. Replacement o-rings were easy to figure out. I guess I'll grab one of the books when it's back together, then rent a tank and adjust it. I can't bite or suck for over a week, so....

Note: this has 3 dive trips and religious cleaning, drying, and storing, after being 'cleaned' by a local tech :) I didn't pay for parts at least... Plenty of gunk around the exhaust valve, corrosion on the volcano seat, etc.

Attachments

• G250 Overhaul.JPG
    G250 Overhaul.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 74
Too late now, but it's not a good idea to remove the exhaust diaphragms unless you're going to replace them. I've learnt the hard way ending up having to replace with new more than I haven't. If they aren't leaking I now leave them well alone.

Thanks - I actually had ordered a new exhaust diaphragm. I thought, at one point, it seemed a little harder than I had expected to exhale underwater. It also made a funny noise when I exhaled on the surface (different than my alternate, anyway). Probably not anything 'wrong' with the old one but it definitely is not as supple as the new one. I can't breathe through it though with this damn hole in my mount.

I'm still going to get the book, but there's really no need for this reg. It's so simple it's genius :)

Attachments

• G250 Overhaul 2.JPG
    G250 Overhaul 2.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
I think it's Regulator Savvy? The one by W____finger. I'm going to start digging into a first stage and figure I should have it for that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom