When Is Blue Heron Bridge Reopening

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

standrod

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Does anyone know when diving access to Blue Heron Bridge will be open?

Seems like I heard someone say March but I can't be sure now.

Marcus

What i heard is that they are considering not allowing such diving under bridges/structures anymore due to homeland security issues. Not sure if anyone has moved all the wrecked boats out of there yet either. Last i heard was that there is still that large fencing around there, but that might have changed.

standrod:
fencing is still there.

not really any other good, convenient places for students.

I've been diving under the smaller span of the bridge a couple of times since the hurricanes. The last trip was about a week ago. Unfortunately, that trip the visibility was awful.

A couple of days earlier a friend of mine spoke with the police inside Phil Foster Park who said they were not allowing diving under the main span but that they didn't care if you went under the small (east) span. However, the usual access to this area down the steps on the south side is fenced off while they do beach reconstruction. You have to go down the boat ramp just inside the park and swim over to the bridge.

I haven't heard anything about reopening diving under the main span.

standrod:
fencing is still there.

not really any other good, convenient places for students.

I've been going to Lake Denton. I was there a couple of weeks ago, and we were the only ones there. It was nice... water was co-o-o-o-ld, though.

Here's what I got from Trevor at Pura Vida Divers in regards to Blue Heron Bridge:

You've asked a good question! The answer is short winded... not much. The word on the street is that they will be opening the short span on the east side of the park in the upcoming months. No word on the big bridge. They been real hush-hush about that... no one wants to say anything definitive.

The ugliest but most interesting dive site in Florida...

Al

deepstops:
I've heard the 707 bridge in Jupiter is a decent dive (not Blue Heron quality but decent).
where is 707 bridge in jupiter? i'm not familiar with that one.

standrod:
where is 707 bridge in jupiter? i'm not familiar with that one.

State Road 707, also know as Beach Road connects Jupiter Inlet Colony to the mainland just north of Jupiter Inlet. I have not actually dove there, just heard from others that have.

I sure would like to know as well.... Orlando Eric and I went down to one of the bridges and the word terrible would be an understatement. I too have heard that there is a pretty decent bridge dive somewhere in Jupiter, please share in the wealth. I'm not familiar with the 707 either.

BTW, no one in the Parks and Recreaction department is talking about Phil Fosters re-opening. I'm hoping their are just afraid to give out information due to their lack of attention in cleaning things up down there. I would seriously hate to see that bridge off limits to us. It's such a cool little dive spot. If I hear ANYTHING, I'll post it at once.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom