When in the kitchen ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Belushi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Originally posted by ScubaBaby
If only you knew!

But to the ladies amoung us...however few in the WOMENS section we all know when it comes down to it....men only have one way to cook....no matter how nice it smelt to start with...when it leaves the kitchen we have one colour on our plate (esp. with toast and sausages!) - black and cremated !!!
This came from another part of the board.

I have an important question ...
Should toast be nearly white, brown, dark brown or black!

As my nearest and dearest likes her toast just waved in front of the toaster and says its done, I like it so that you can see the colour.

Toast is not warm bread it is toasted to a golden brown colour.
Sausages need to be brown and not palid and uninterestingly salmonella laden.
This has to be the most pressing issue of today.

As an aficionado of fine cuisine, I concur with your interpretation of the colour of toast, it should be that golden brown as to excite the visual aspect of toast as well as the pallet. Sausage should be of equal colour as to accent the toast and compliment the sunburst yellow of sunny-side-up eggs.

Hope this helps

Chef ID

I was at a resturant and wanted to put katsup on my potatoes the chef almost had a heart attack, but as in all busineses the customer is always right.

we all know that the proper colour is golden brown but if your lady would like mostly warm bread, give her want she wants.

right correct or not

Just think of how your day has gone? and how your could've gone?

logic won't work on the XX members of this species.

Fishkiller....i was with you up till the sexist part about women not understanding logic...your walking on thin ice there hun....and i'll be the one with the sledge hammer watching you take a dip!!! :devilish:

Belushi....dearest....I have my toast golden...I just don't like having to scrap off the burnt bits to eat - thats all!!!

And I am sure most people would agree....charcoal burnt toast or sausages do not taste all that scrummy!

Proper browning of toast. The actual process that happens to turn toast brown is called caramelization. With the following defining the PROPER color.

[KEHR-ah-meh-lyz, KAR-ah-meh-lyz] To heat sugar until it liquefies and becomes a clear syrup ranging in color from golden to dark brown (from 320° to 350°F on a candy thermometer). Granulated or brown sugar can also be sprinkled on top of food and placed under a heat source, such as a broiler, until the sugar melts and caramelizes. Caramelized sugar is also referred to as burnt sugar.

Now many of you will wonder what that has to do with toast, the reality is toast is bread and bread is laden with, yep you guessed it, sugar! The sugar is what causes it to become that glolden brown as it heats and comes to the surface of the bread it caramelizes.

So we have now solved the worlds problem for today.

Now ScubaBaby you are going to have to accept that Belushi loves you and some times you might have to settle for a few crusties on the toast, just smile and tell him you love him and get a dog to eat those scraps when he is not looking.

If you do so you will have learned rule #3,456 in the "I Wanna Be Married Forever" handbook which states:

"When your spouse cooks for you, politely try and eat all food stuffs given, even if slightly over cooked, under cooked, burnt, cinged or otherwise unperfect. What parts you cannot eat need to be hidden from view or fed to the dogs, then next time this item gets cooked, politely work to change the food substance to something more appealing, or offer 'other things' in exchange for going out to dinner"

When Admiral Rickover was in charge of the nuclear power program for the Navy, he personally interviewed and approved (or rejected) each candidate. One interview went like this:
ADM: "Ensign, I'm going to give you a problem to solve; I want to see how you handle stress."
Ensign: "Yes sir"
ADM: "Suppose, Ensign, you were newly married, and your bride fixed an apple pie for desert. When she brought you a slice of the pie and you tasted it, you found it to be inedible. What would you do?"
Ensign: "Well, Admiral, I'd jump up from the table, throw down my fork and say 'Honey, don't you *ever* buy another pie from that bakery'."
ADM: "Son, you're hired."
Rick

Syruss....hunny.....now after all the chats we've had you'd think you'd stick on my side here!!!

I never once stated Belushi overtoasted my toast - cause he doesnt make me toast - nor sausages for that fact. When I said what i did in a previous thread I was actually more thinking on my fathers cooking....however if Belushi believes I was talking about with without me actually saying it was him....then doesn't that say something about how he personally thinks he cooks !!!!

Rick - great story hun !! x

Rick great story........2nd Fishkiller u are wrong ....sorry I 've owned my own business(es) for over 10 yrs and more often than not the customer is wrong, dead wrong and not even close.

As far as the toast........definitely close to the black stage , one step from charcoal,.......the sausages golden brown and the eggs poached, (got to cut down on the fat somewhere hehe) .
As far as the ladies Belushi you've got agreat one there, word of advice, let her believe she is right now and again and when she is wrong, say it in a way that she believes she is only wrong because someone change the rules on her, and din't advise her of such change.

Butch :peace:

I see that some of you young lads need a little guidance...
First, you must always remember rule one: "If mama ain't happy, ain't *nobody* happy."
Rule two: "If, in an argument with your wife, you discover that you are right, apologize immediately."
Rule three: "Always tell her she's beautiful... especially when she isn't."
Rule four: "Rub her feet."
Happy to be of service, lads.
Rick

Hi all,

22 years ago I told my wife that she didn't put enough meat on my sandwiches, She hasn't made me a sandwich since.
Now I am gratefull for whatever she fixes. I just say thank you and I eat it. :D:

Tavi

Back
Top Bottom