When going camping....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys are great! WE are driving in the car and it will be on site (base camp) . To put your mind at ease, we have beer, but not for me! I'm leaving right now.... dive safe while I'm gone (and always) and I will talk to you all on the 7th!:)

Kayla:)

What's with the ORANGE trowel? BLUE ones won't work?

But I see you Boy Scouts have your priorities in order....TP and hole are at the top of the list! :wink:

and thats the only color the durn things come in. As for TP and trowels topping the list... it's only because we have had to rapidly deploy our drawers and excavate a "cat hole" at lightening speed, all the while dancing the "I Gotta Go" jig. You will always find mine in the top most outer pocket. I won't leave home without it!

Whenever you guys are ready for LNT (Leave No Trace) camping, I will gladly tell you how to make "Poop Soup". Thats a promise too!!! :tease:

ok Doc you owe me a keyboard, and man does gatorade hurt going through the nose. hmm that must be a scout thing for having the trowl and paper at the ready in the top pocket of the pack.

Dee like doc said for easily being seen (or lost) and the company that makes them only in that color, the blue one is not one that i have seen.

oh i forgot one other item: a hammock

OK...orange to be seen I can understand that one. But
thats the only color the durn things come in.
Maybe I'm not understanding what you're calling a trowel. A small shovel-like tool that is used to dig and cultivate in the garden. Right? Wal-Mart carries these things is metal or plastic is several colors!

I think I'll pass on the Poop Soup...thank you very much anyway! :wacko:

Dee once bubbled...
What's with the ORANGE trowel? BLUE ones won't work?

But I see you Boy Scouts have your priorities in order....TP and hole are at the top of the list! :wink:

Easier to see. When backpacking, it's best to have things that are easily seen just in case you get lost.

I've been seperated from my group before because they are so dang slow, but I had a toilet (trowel), a small stove and a water purifier so I was quite happy. :)

NetDoc once bubbled...
and thats the only color the durn things come in. As for TP and trowels topping the list... it's only because we have had to rapidly deploy our drawers and excavate a "cat hole" at lightening speed, all the while dancing the "I Gotta Go" jig. You will always find mine in the top most outer pocket. I won't leave home without it!

Whenever you guys are ready for LNT (Leave No Trace) camping, I will gladly tell you how to make "Poop Soup". Thats a promise too!!! :tease:

I keep my trowel tied to the outside of my pack so all I have to do is pull on it so it comes off and..I'm off. lol

As for LNT camping, that is grose. I know they give you little boxes on part of the AT where there is nothing but rock. No poopie on the rocks!!

Paul B

I follow alotofthethe LNT camping guidelines but i draw the line of hauling it out, i just make sure its far enough away from trails and water sheds so that it does pollute the ground water.

as for the rock tgheres no way i would use it ( i dont need scars down there)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom