Question When does AB Dive do the Dive Brief?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is your source for this?
I apologise for the very late response....

You are right, I have checked the island's rules as written in Dutch and the check out dive is still listed as a requirement to be performed by the supplier of breathing gas.

My source was the various people I spoke to about it during our visit to the island in September this year. I was also surprised because it was also missing during our visit in December 2021. So anecdotally it was described by dive instructors as logistically difficult, expensive, clumsy and hard to regulate.

I'll be back on the island again in 2 weeks, I might enquire further then.

i personally think that orientation and check out dives are a very good idea. What hardship is there in doing a dive at the local house reef, ensuring that your gear is all there and working; and that your buoyancy is correct? I've seen divers who have claimed hundreds of dives, and recent dives, set up their gear backwards and have their buoyancy wrong on the check out dive. the dive op has no way of knowing if they were honest on their waiver. Better to have mistakes right in front of the shop than in the middle of nowhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom