Question When does AB Dive do the Dive Brief?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrChen

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been to Bonaire twice and both times stayed at Capt Dons. The first time we were able to convince them to do the dive brief the day we landed and the second time they made us wait until the following morning.

We're planning a trip in April of next year and we're staying at an AirBNB, renting our truck from AB Car Rental, and taking advantage of their discount for renting tanks at AB Dive. I understand that they close at 5pm. We'll be landing at 1:20pm. I figure we won't be out of the airport until 2pm. We'll be heading to AB to finish paperwork for the truck rental.

Does AB Dive have a schedule for the initial dive brief? Will we be able to get tanks the day we land? Please share any experiences you've had with AB Dive and what the upfront process is like.

I've been to Bonaire twice and both times stayed at Capt Dons. The first time we were able to convince them to do the dive brief the day we landed and the second time they made us wait until the following morning.

We're planning a trip in April of next year and we're staying at an AirBNB, renting our truck from AB Car Rental, and taking advantage of their discount for renting tanks at AB Dive. I understand that they close at 5pm. We'll be landing at 1:20pm. I figure we won't be out of the airport until 2pm. We'll be heading to AB to finish paperwork for the truck rental.

Does AB Dive have a schedule for the initial dive brief? Will we be able to get tanks the day we land? Please share any experiences you've had with AB Dive and what the upfront process is like.
I assume you've asked AB-Dive this question?

We have done AB dive on our 3 trips through our resort, Coral Paradise. Your dive package usually starts your first full day on the island, so the day after you land. Go the dive shop in the morning, fill out paperwork and pick up your first set of tanks. They will go over everything at that time. This is when you show them your Stinapa Q code proving you paid that fee.

We have done AB dive on our 3 trips through our resort, Coral Paradise. Your dive package usually starts your first full day on the island, so the day after you land. Go the dive shop in the morning, fill out paperwork and pick up your first set of tanks. They will go over everything at that time. This is when you show them your Stinapa Q code proving you paid that fee.
Does AB require/monitor an orientation dive, i.e. the first dive for each visitor?

We have not had to do an orientation dive. We have always had dives logged within a year of our arrival on Bonaire.
That violates STINAPA rules.

We have not had to do an orientation dive. We have always had dives logged within a year of our arrival on Bonaire.
When you say dives logged within a year, do you mean dives on Bonaire within a year?
Erik

What did you like most and least about their service?

Another way to pick your pocket...

Back
Top Bottom