• 40-49

Votes: 26 15.5%
  • 50-59

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • 60+

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1966 YMCA, 1968 NAUI, continuously active diver ever since.

N, survivor of the scubazoic and ready and able to take the fight to scubananifiers

started in 1990 when I was 33 .... had a couple of periods in that time (probably a year or two long) that I wasnt diving, but been pretty constant for the last 12 years

BTW ... thanks for this ... was another one that i thought would be interesting.

So when did you learn to dive sunkmail????

I was 1st certified by LA County Underwater Unit in 1970 at age 16. Went through recertification by PADI with my son when he turned 12 in 1997 and we have been diving together since. My wife and daughter (49 and 12) were certified by PADI in 2002. The whole family dives together now and has a blast

Started diving in 1970 at age 18. Certified as a NAUI diver in 1978 at age 26 by Rick's Ski and Scuba in Little Rock Ark. I've been diving regularly since 1970, except for a tour of duty in Southeast Asia in '71 - '72 . :palmtree: Bob

I'm not sure if I'm proud or embarrassed by this, but I bought a book and taught myself how to dive in 1971 when I was 21 and indestructible. I was also learning to fly airplanes then, and could afford one but not both. I chose flying. I made two or three OW dives with my (certified) buddy in Pennykamp State Park off Key Largo using doubles and a two-hose single-stage regulator. Somehow, I survived. I still have that book, too!

I didn't start officially until I was 51 in December of 2001. Funny--I haven't flown a plane in 20 years. I'm addicted to diving.

First dive at age 14 in 1961, first certified at age 22 in 1969, most frequent and deepest diving in my 50's and 60's.

Back
Top Bottom