What's your SurfGF and how does it compare to your (Rec) GFHi?

1/ What's your average SurfGF? 2/What's your GFHi?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like to know, at what point I am off gassing overall more than I am on gassing, taking into account all compartments.

~8 msw.

HTH,HAND

It would be really great if @Shearwater could some how incorporate an indication of when you are net off-gassing.

GF99 only tells you percentage wise where the leading compartment is between the point of it (it alone) off gassing and the M value.

I would like to know, at what point I am off gassing overall more than I am on gassing, taking into account all compartments.
Something simple like a small green open circle to indicate net ongassing and the same circle turns solid green to indicate net off gassing.

Unless you are doing commercial saturation dives, at least one compartment will always be ongassing [the slowest one(s)] until you surface.

Unless you are doing commercial saturation dives, at least one compartment will always be ongassing [the slowest one(s)] until you surface.
I understand that.
But im talking about all "compartments" as a whole.
Some off gassing faster some on gassing but slowly.

At some point the faster off gassing "compartments" will be giving up more gas than the slower on gassing "compartments" are taking up.

In reality there are no "compartments" it is only a way of thinking about and modeling a complex system.

It is more likely a curve of uptake offgas rates depending upon blood perfusion, distance from the lungs, blood supply, and current saturation level. In other words ease of up take or offgas ultimately to/from the blood and then the lungs.

Please what?

~8 msw.

HTH,HAND

Oh please explain what that means, to start with.

You often talk in riddles, with added absolutes, on/off, black/white, 1/0, its a pattern I have noticed. I would like to figure out if your post fits the pattern.

So far it fits a riddle. "HTH,HAND"
8 msw appears to be an absolute.

It's a good enough ballpark figure. It really depends on your breathing mix, mostly, and to lesser extent on the model you're using. Specifically M0 values, but they tend to be fairly consistent accross different models, so I'd expect the inert gas % to matter more.

You asked when you're off-gassing more than you're on-gassing. That isn't relevant because as Ryan said, you're always on-gassing in the slower compartments. The answer to when your on-gassing is no longer relevant is No-Limit Depth, that's where you can't on-gas to the point of ever hitting M0 upon surfacing. At that point only off-gassing is relevant. And that depth is around 8 metres, give or take.

It's only a riddle when you don't understand what you're asking. Hope That Helps, Have A Nice Day.

It's a good enough ballpark figure. It really depends on your breathing mix, mostly, and to lesser extent on the model you're using. Specifically M0 values, but they tend to be fairly consistent accross different models, so I'd expect the inert gas % to matter more.

You asked when you're off-gassing more than you're on-gassing. That isn't relevant because as Ryan said, you're always on-gassing in the slower compartments. The answer to when your on-gassing is no longer relevant is No-Limit Depth, that's where you can't on-gas to the point of ever hitting M0 upon surfacing. At that point only off-gassing is relevant. And that depth is around 8 metres, give or take.

It's only a riddle when you don't understand what you're asking. Hope That Helps, Have A Nice Day.

A) Nope didn't help.
B) I understand what Im asking, you appear not to.
C) I had forgotten about the ubiquitous "I'm smarter than you" jab in follow ups to your riddle posts.

Congrats, ignored

8msw or 30ft+/- is an absolute figured out by Haldane 100 yrs ago.

You might still be ongassing your slowest compartments at that depth, but even if they eventually saturate (which will take a few days as the half life is over 10hrs) you can in theory surface without decompression anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom