• leo, sagitarrius, aries --fire

Votes: 90 25.8%
  • aquarius, gemini, libra --air

Votes: 73 20.9%
  • capricorn, taurus, virgo --earth

Votes: 84 24.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is an interesting topic I never thought about :)

Although I don't think that signs matter in that case at least...

Manogr

Did you know . . .

Capricorn, whose constellation is known as Capricornus, is one of the oldest of the astrological interpretations. Ruled by Saturn, its symbol is the goat. This is sometimes depicted as a sea borne hybrid or Dolphin. The image is often an animal with the body of a goat and the tail of a fish. In one tradition the image represents the god Pan transforming into a sea creature. A representation, perhaps, of the extremities found within this Astrological sign.

The association of the goat with Capricorn clearly dates back to ancient Babylon, at least. The Greeks related the sign to the horned god Pan. The image of the hybrid goat-fish creature corresponds to the tale of Pan's encounter with the beast Typhon. Attempting to escape the dreaded monster, Pan turned his lower half into a fish, in order to swiftly swim away. However, here again, the association of Capricorn with water, also dates to earlier cultures. The Egyptians and Chinese recognized in this period the commencement of the much anticipated rainy season. Immediately following Capricorn are Aquarius, the water bearer, pouring moisture upon the earth, and Pisces, the fish, immersed in the unseen life giving forces of water.

hadent thaught about it
but i am a leo (fire)maby i am hoping to put out the fire with all the water?

Why is aquarius associated with air in the poll? I thought the "aqua" in it referred to water :confused:

Chris

Hmm....maybe because Aquarius is the "water bearer" so that's probably why the "aqua" is there. Even though it sounds like a water sign, it is indeed an air sign.

Last time I heard this line.... well some of the board members weren't around.

I have to say I don't believe in this nonsense and for me it is. If you believe -- well you have to believe is something I guess.

And I thought the 60s and 70s were gone forever!

Think I'll dig out my Hendrix and contemplate the universe.

Sagittarius; kind of says it all.

Originally posted by bjp63
Did you know . . .

Capricorn, whose constellation is known as Capricornus, is one of the oldest of the astrological interpretations. Ruled by Saturn, its symbol is the goat. This is sometimes depicted as a sea borne hybrid or Dolphin. The image is often an animal with the body of a goat and the tail of a fish. In one tradition the image represents the god Pan transforming into a sea creature. A representation, perhaps, of the extremities found within this Astrological sign.

The association of the goat with Capricorn clearly dates back to ancient Babylon, at least. The Greeks related the sign to the horned god Pan. The image of the hybrid goat-fish creature corresponds to the tale of Pan's encounter with the beast Typhon. Attempting to escape the dreaded monster, Pan turned his lower half into a fish, in order to swiftly swim away. However, here again, the association of Capricorn with water, also dates to earlier cultures. The Egyptians and Chinese recognized in this period the commencement of the much anticipated rainy season. Immediately following Capricorn are Aquarius, the water bearer, pouring moisture upon the earth, and Pisces, the fish, immersed in the unseen life giving forces of water.

I guess that would Explain my undying relentless obbsession with the water, i had always belived that i was concived in the water " but cant get parents to admit to it".....Now that i think of it i was a better swimmer under the water than i was on top....HMMMM.

Scubaddawg:fire:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom