What's your favorite drink?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, what the heck is a dirty martini??? I saw some place selling "dirty martini mix" and I wondered if they used some lint, fuzz and old gym socks to make it...

ice water and Folgers. Depending on the time of day. Couple times a year MAYBE 1 merlot on ice.

for all you guinness lovers...next week i go home to ireland for 10 days....and get to drink the real thing again...aahhhh sweet nectar...

gin & tonic (calling dr bombay!), frozen girlie drinks, white burgundies, whites with interesting labels. not beer - yuck, yuck, yuck.

MikeC:
OK, what the heck is a dirty martini???
It's a martini with olive juice. Usually served with extra olives.
MikeC:
I saw some place selling "dirty martini mix" and I wondered if they used some lint, fuzz and old gym socks to make it...
I saw that recently too, and the only ingredients it listed were water and salt. I'm not sure what you're supposed to do with it, but IMHO no dirty martini worthy of the name would use that crap.

The way I like them is just shy of a full martini glass of chilled vodka with barely any dry vermouth and a splash of olive juice. Shake with ice and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with three olives on a pick.

i like martinis, too (with a twist, not dirty), but they have to be in a rocks glass. traditional martini glasses & me don't get along about halfway through the second one. too top heavy! thank goodness white liquors don't stain.

QUOTE=MikeC]I would have thought booze consumption would have increased... :11:[/QUOTE]
There's always hoping![

Back
Top Bottom