What's your dive accessory pet peeve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dangly hoses. Big pet peeve.

Gloves, not those worn for chilly conditions, but those worn so that the diver won't get cut/scraped/stung when they grab onto something to balance themselves.

Crappy snorkel clips. My wife and I have the same snorkel and the same issue. Love the snorkel, hate the clip. We both have had to pick a snorkel off of the bottom several times. The last thing I want to have to think about on a dive is if I still have my snorkel attached. My next accessory purchase will be a cheap, non-removable snorkel keeper.

Haven't read thru the entire thread. I hate the way bolt snaps will spin. I found a rigid one at lowes but it isn't a butterfly. If it won't work I'll see if I can "fix" it from spinning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Non-titanium dive knives that tempt me with lower prices & ready availability, then soon rust up.

Bought a couple of 'titanium-coated' dive knives at a Scuba Toys sale late last year. Looking forward to trying one out.

Richard.

P.S.: I like tank bangers since we can get each others attention in an emergency. Ideally could do so without them, but I like the added option. Can see where they could be abused & become annoying.

Dr Dive sez: my pet peeve?
Any piece of gear you can't use, or can't use without looking at it. I know, you have to look at some things like computers to use them, but if you can't reset your ppo2, or nitrox percentage without help, you shouldn't be relying on it. If you have something hanging off ya, that you don't know how to use, or can't make work without looking, it becomes a problem for you and your buddy.
my $0.02.
Y'all come see us.
Capt. Jim
Dr Dive

Personally I think the noisemakers (the quackers anyway) great. They help get the attention of people far away quickly and can be useful if diving in strong currents. But I see how people using them to get the attention of the person next to them can be annoying...

It's not my genius, why don't you look it up for yourself, don't take my word for it. Instead of just saying it is me, maybe you might learn something different. I have looked it up I have pointed it out I have tried to explain it the best I can, you fail to read it and understand it. That is not my problem. You have said it has been made clear to me, that is your opinion, just as it is mine that it is not clear to you.

I tired to give up on this a long time ago somehow I just kept getting sucked back in. I knew it was pointless but people just had to keep poking me so poked back. And if you have such a problem with me then just try and ban me already, what did I ever do to you.

But I'll take the higher road here and leave it be and if anyone wants to understand PM me.

wow...

When a hundred people say one thing and one person says something different its quite likely the one person is mistaken.

and I thought this one :lol: was finally dead......

here we go......:gun:(again)

Back
Top Bottom