whats your desktop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine has changed so here's the new one........my kids, of course.

jim ernst:
love the avtar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

1.gif

av8er23:
That is some pretty impressive vis for PCB. where can i find out more information on this particular wreck? Did you buddy say what the vis was that day?
USS Strength was a minesweeper that was pulled out of regular service and used for salvage training by the Navy for several years - they'd sink her and float her and sink her and float her... when she finally wore out she was hauled about 5 miles out and sunk for good as an artificial reef. Opal tore her into three pieces and now she's starting to collapse as she rusts away. The day this shot was taken there was a layer of exceptionally clear water down to deck level, with a very silty layer from there down to the bottom. If you look near the deck you can see the "fog" of the silty layer rolling along the deck - gives the whole shot an etherial look I like. I saw the shot but didn't have a camera so I hauled my buddy to the spot to take it - and he did a very nice job indeed, didn't he?
This layering of very clear and very silty water isn't real common in that area, but I see it probably once every two years, occasionally twice in the same year... Very neat to dive in.
Rick

My wallpaper is one of my favorite shots that my sweetie took off CocoView Wall in Roatan. Just turned around and there he was.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom