What's *your* camera bag look like?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And now to tweek the subject...Just bought an RX100 Mark IV...any housing recommendations ?

1) Meikon/SeaFrogs - least expensive, rated to 60m, but lacks access to rear dial.
2) Sony MPK-URX100A - similar to Meikon, also lacks access to rear dial.
3) Fantasea - for about $100 extra over Meikon/Sony, you get access to rear dial, plus the option for some extra accessories like a screen magnifier hood.
4) Ikelite - least expensive housing for RX100 series with a vacuum valve option, but ergonomics are not as good as Fantasea. Note: avoid the 'action housing', that one won't let you trigger strobes.
5) Nauticam - 100m rated depth, widest accessory set (including magnifier hood, vacuum valve, shutter trigger extension, etc), aluminium construction (lower chances of fogging), but at the highest price - $1k for housing alone.

Do you have a recommendation on insurance companies? Would you go with DAN? That's what I have for general dive insurance, but they have so many restrictions for New York state coverage. What the hell did NY state do that all these insurance companies have "exemptions" on us?

Try your homeowners carrier. You can get a valuable personal property rider for camera gear that is very reasonable. Doesn't work for non camera dive gear, but USAA covers all my camera stuff - housing, ports, lenses, etc. You just have to specifically schedule the stuff and pay a little extra. Same way you'd insure an engagement ring or something. It's WAY cheaper than other options. I discussed it at length with USAA and I'm covered for loss, theft, floods, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom