What's *your* camera bag look like?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That’s why I mentioned to insure the hell out of it. One missing lens, or every piece of glass you own being smashed by a dude throwing your carry-on down the slide to another baggage handler throwing it on to the conveyer belt. Think you’re gonna take a full camera carry-on on an Emirates flight? No way José, so you’re forced to check it anyway.

The point is, you can’t always stuff everything you wish you could bring in your carry-on. However, you can hedge your bets against losing everything with a little judicious trimming of what you will bring to either maintain your stuff with you in the cabin, or prioritize stuff that you know you will be able to keep in the cabin with you, and risk the other stuff down below.

Not to mention, plenty of photographers check mountains of gear on a regular basis. Just be smart about it. I’d rather have a lens stolen than my rebreather head toasted.
Do you have a recommendation on insurance companies? Would you go with DAN? That's what I have for general dive insurance, but they have so many restrictions for New York state coverage. What the hell did NY state do that all these insurance companies have "exemptions" on us?

They're to the left of the housing, above the power strip. I leave the cables attached so it's easy to get everything set up once I get to where I'm going. The batteries are in plastic bags under the mesh bag.

They're to the left of the housing, above the power strip. I leave the cables attached so it's easy to get everything set up once I get to where I'm going. The batteries are in plastic bags under the mesh bag.
Excellent! Thanks for the recommendation-- it looks great

It's always a challenge!

photo-gear.jpg

(just kidding - that was review gear). I don't have a photo handy, but I do have an article outlining how I pack my gear for dive trips: Packing Camera Gear.

Regarding insurance, DAN was great. I also used State Farm for gear and they were also excellent.

Edit: fixed image display issue.

It's always a challenge!

View attachment 494937

(just kidding - that was review gear). I don't have a photo handy, but I do have an article outlining how I pack my gear for dive trips: Packing Camera Gear.

Regarding insurance, DAN was great. I also used State Farm for gear and they were also excellent.

Edit: fixed image display issue.
OH LORD.

And your article is just what I was looking for! Thanks!

And now to tweek the subject...Just bought an RX100 Mark IV...any housing recommendations ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom