What's wrong with Cozumel in July?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is worth it to go over to Isla Mujeres and spend a night or two, to experience the island as well as the whale sharks, if you can. It's beautiful and quiet.
Yup, we're doing a week in Cozumel and then two nights on Isla Las Mujeres. Can't wait!

Too bad no ferry from Coz to Isla!

Heat and mosquitos. Thinking that most hurricanes in the area have been late summer or early fall.

One thing is for sure - you will be there while the rest of us will be wishing we were:)

We went the last week of July 2018. It was hot. But not as hot as Georgia during the day. The sun seems more intense. But...it doesn't cool off so much in the evenings in MX as it does here. We usually take a cab to dinner and then stroll back afterwards when the sun is not bearing down on us. If you're like me, you're gonna shower before you go to bed anyways.

I don't need a wetsuit, just a rashguard and swim trunks. I have enough hair to ward off the stingy creatures (I know, gross on dry land but nifty underwater).

We hung out in the pool all afternoon and vacationed.

We went the last week of July 2018. It was hot. But not as hot as Georgia during the day. The sun seems more intense. But...it doesn't cool off so much in the evenings in MX as it does here. We usually take a cab to dinner and then stroll back afterwards when the sun is not bearing down on us. If you're like me, you're gonna shower before you go to bed anyways.

I don't need a wetsuit, just a rashguard and swim trunks. I have enough hair to ward off the stingy creatures (I know, gross on dry land but nifty underwater).

We hung out in the pool all afternoon and vacationed.

Amen, bro. My wife and I were considering a July trip to Coz to escape Hotlanta. :wink: Seriously, though, summer is low season throughout the Caribbean for a reason.

How hot does it get on Coz in summer?

A little cooler than Ft Worth, but more humid. TBH it wasn't all the different from Florida.

Mr. Google says average high temperature in July is 90 F; I'm assuming that's with 100% relative humidity. Sounds a lot like Philadelphia in July...

Is July especially rainy compared to June or August?

Back
Top Bottom