what's the typical pressure range inside your BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nolatom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm asking because diving a few days ago, I noticed a very small pinhole leak from the plastic (rubber?) "pipe" in the housing that contains the inflate/deflate buttons, at the end of the corrugated hose. Where it's located looks like it would carry only the pressure that the inflatable bladder does, meaning I suppose from zero when it's deflated, up to whatever pressure would lift the BC overpressure valve..

Am wondering if this is low-pressure enough to just to try taping over tightly with electrician's tape and see if it stops, or definitely take to the shop.

Thanks from your friendly English major who is therefore an expert in all things.

not.

Sounds like you are referring to the corrugated inflator hose.

So if the hose is older that a couple years, you might just want to replace it. Depending on brand of BC, they are not real expensive and it's an easy swap.

For a quick fix, I would clean the area will and either use some RTV flexible sealant, or maybe aquaseal.

Not the corrugated hose itself, but rather in the plastic housing at the end of that hose and contains the inflate and deflate buttons. The thing I hold in my hand when I inflate or deflate.

Depending on where the leak is coming from. It might new valve o rings.

A pin hole in the plastic body could be fixed with some JB weld, or epoxy. Or just replace it

Back
Top Bottom