Whats The Most Important Piece of Equipment You Have

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chien

Registered
Reaction score
Next to your regulator and Buoyancy Vest, What is the most important piece of equipment you have? I am looking to buy my equipment very soon and am looking for suggestions

The exposure suit. I dive almost exclusively in cold water and a good suit is important. It is also one of those things that it is really nice not to have to rent. It has been said that 80% of all divers urinate in their wetsuits and the other 20% are lying when they said they never have.

I would have to say my drysuit...

It depends, maybe my mask.... then again those fins help too....

Sooo I have to say it would be the piece of gear I forgot to bring when I left home two hours ago.... the one you can't dive without. Hey... does someone have a spare?

Chien:
Next to your regulator and Buoyancy Vest, What is the most important piece of equipment you have? I am looking to buy my equipment very soon and am looking for suggestions

Most important piece of gear:

1) snorkel
2) B/C device (ie, something with an air bladder on it)
3) fins & booties
4) mask
5) extra mask
6) knife
7) extra knife (I sometimes wear 3 knives)
8) compass
9) electronic depth/timing device
10) backup depth/timing device
11) whistle & mirror
12) gear bag
13) regulator(s)
14) backup light(s) (I sometimes wear 3 lights)
15) safety sausage
16) suit, gloves, hood (it is too easy to rent a suit, so I would not rush buying it)
17) weight belt
18) primary light
19) tank(s) (I sometimes wear 5 tanks, but rarely less than 2)
20) dive float and anchor line
21) camera and/or video

You can rent anything. But eventually it makes sense to buy everything, if you dive a lot.

My brain.........

I would say my drysuit and then the Backplate and wing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom