What's the least expensive dry suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sfbluestar

Reaction score
I'm new to diving. Don't like the idea of water coming between my and my suit, so am going for dry suit.

Can anyone tell me what are some of the least expensive (entry level) dry suits?

E-Bay, but don't expect it to fit well. As for keeping you dry, it most likely would, but for how long is unknown.

Don't buy cheap! You WILL regret it and end up wasting your money.

sfbluestar:
I'm new to diving. Don't like the idea of water coming between my and my suit, so am going for dry suit.

Can anyone tell me what are some of the least expensive (entry level) dry suits?
Buy a good quality used dry suit but don't go cheap as you will regret it. Another thing, a dry suit is not 100% dry 100% of the time. You will also have to deal with condensation which can't be helped.

It isn't like James Bond who can come up on a beach from a dive, strip off a dry suit and have a freshly pressed tux under it. :D

Gary D.

buy it right the first tima and you wont have to do it the second time. I know its hard to hear it but it you have to wait, then do so.

sfbluestar:

My first dry suit was a used neoprene DUI from the LDS for $250.00.

My second one was a used OMS shell suit I bought from a guy out of his garage, which included undies and he tossed in a Poseidon regulator. $300.00.

The best thing about these suits was that I learned how to replace wrist and neck seals and find and fix leaks.

I got real good at it.

And fast.

The next cheap dry suit I bought is the new Whites Nexus I still dive. I paid $950.00 including undies, rock boots, socks, ds hose and carrying bag. I like it a lot, but, due to lack of leaks and ripped seals, may have lost some of my touch at emergence repairs. :wink:

Good luck on your quest!

The one that has the most leaks?

sfbluestar:
They will be worth pretty much what you paid. Don't go cheap here.

This is an "inexpensive" drysuit package that includes underwear and the works. It's a Bare Nexgen I guess you could call it cheap. It's what I dive and I think it's great. I've only had it for a year but it seems to be holding up alright. I'm very happy with it. Maybe in a month I'll wish I bought the next level up but as for now I'm quite satisfied....and cozy I might add.

I'de go a level above the nexgen I have friends that really enjoy the Bare suits but not the nexgens.

Neoprene drysuits will be the least expensive brand new. In my opinion they are the best bang for your buck. You can buy a brand new O'Neill neoprene drysuit for $500. Expect about $150 for thermals.

When it comes to drysuits, inexpensive does not have a direct relationship to quality. You can do a search to read about the many opinions expressed and the differences between neoprene, crushed neoprene, and trilam drysuits.

--Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom