What's the difference in Atomic Ti models?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got a research group moving us back, forth, and paying us in between. Threw a couple of sport trips on, as well as a mooring buoy trip. Of course I miss the Flower Gardens. Was there ever any doubt? I still think the diving here is as good, just different.

...hmmm, interesting! ...... are the Sept 2010 trips on the SPREE WWW site yet ? ....I'm gonna pencil ya in... :)

Ok, here you go direct from Atomic in date order

T1 - original Titanium reg 1st and 2nd - no swivel, would need the piston upgrade - must be dedicated

Ti2 - same, original only titanium second and the first could have been brass OR titanium - ditto on the upgrade - must be dedicated

T1x - next version of the T1, new piston and 2nd stage titanium swivel added - must be dedicated

T2 - next version of the T1X- w/ new high flow case design, titanium swivel, new look and the new magnum lever which enhances preformace at depth - must be dedicated

T2x - the lastest and greatest, same features as the T2 only can go back and forth to 40% O2 "out of the box"

there are several conversion kits available to upgrade any of the older ones to be O2/EAN compatible (40%) - will need 2nd stage serial number to determine which one

hope this helps clarify. Any used regulator should be sent for an inspection/service IMHO before use. (by an authorized dealer or factory)

email me w/ any questions.
cheers,
Darcy

Ok, here you go direct from Atomic in date order

T1 - original Titanium reg 1st and 2nd - no swivel, would need the piston upgrade - must be dedicated

Ti2 - same, original only titanium second and the first could have been brass OR titanium - ditto on the upgrade - must be dedicated

T1x - next version of the T1, new piston and 2nd stage titanium swivel added - must be dedicated

T2 - next version of the T1X- w/ new high flow case design, titanium swivel, new look and the new magnum lever which enhances preformace at depth - must be dedicated

T2x - the lastest and greatest, same features as the T2 only can go back and forth to 40% O2 "out of the box"

there are several conversion kits available to upgrade any of the older ones to be O2/EAN compatible (40%) - will need 2nd stage serial number to determine which one

hope this helps clarify. Any used regulator should be sent for an inspection/service IMHO before use. (by an authorized dealer or factory)

email me w/ any questions.
cheers,
Darcy

And there you have it. Darcy is the "She Who Must Be Obeyed" at Atomic. If she says it, I'd believe it.

Since the OP may be thinking about upgrading a used Atomic ti reg, I thought I'd mention my experience with the aforementioned conversion kits.

I bought a new T2 about 18 months ago. Atomic came out with the T2x sometime around early 2009, I think, and I heard about the conversion kits from a thread on this board last summer.

I called Atomic to confirm since there's no mention of the kits on their website, then took my reg to my LDS. They checked the serial number with Atomic and ordered up the kit for me. This particular kit cost $75. I don't know if the cost varies from kit to kit. My conversion kit consisted of one or two o-rings, a replacement "T2x" purge cover and a small replacement plug, stamped "monel," that screws into the top of the reg. My LDS did the swap for me and may have charged me a nominal labor fee, I don't remember.

Is the kit a good deal? One could argue I didn't get a lot for my money, but on the other hand now I no longer have to dedicate my reg *cough cough*. The upgrade only cost me about 5% of the orginal purchase price of the reg. So yeah, it was worth it. To me.

But as always, ymmv.

Thanks for the info Darcy. The above information is quite valuable as it confirms what I mentioned above - folks selling the Ti2 as Ti regs when it is only the second stage that is titanium. I feel bad for the guy who paid $510 for a reg that is basically a B1.

Got a research group moving us back, forth, and paying us in between. Threw a couple of sport trips on, as well as a mooring buoy trip. Of course I miss the Flower Gardens. Was there ever any doubt? I still think the diving here is as good, just different.

Anything to do with coral having organisms:D

Back
Top Bottom