whats the bungee size for sidemount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AMIR007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
hello most of sidemount divers use 6 to 10 mm bungee
in dive gear express i can only find 5mm is this bungee suitable for sidemount ?
any opinion / advice please feel free

to make it more clear i will be buying few things from DGX so the bungee will ship free from us to thailand with other items , the thing is they have only the 5mm i would like to know if it will work for sidemount or no
Have anybody try a 5mm bungee for sidemount ? especially the one from DGX

I would recommend you contact @DevonDiver he is based in Philippines and probably could answer
your question might even have closer suppliers. My thought is (3/16 - .5 cm) Shock cord (bungee) might be a little light for loop bungees.

Now if you are not using the shock cord for loop bungee? Who knows?

You going to be diving AL80s?

i did contact andy yesterday and he did reply my question in Facebook message
0.5 isn't enough but might work , yes AL80s tanks
thank you for the suggestion

i never use sidemount before so I'm asking to order the right diameter
andy says in his blog 6 is good for alum , 8 is good for steel anything over 8 its just an over kill , he is a great sidemount instructor in the Philippine i will attach the article take a look he write and review everything about diving
A Guide to Modern Sidemount Diving | Supplementary Course Notes
if the link doesn't work copy and post in your browser its my first time sending a link i don't even know If I'm allow to do that

3/8"

Done.

I found 6mm bungee to be really good with Ali80s, did use 8mm because I was switching to steels and the 8mm just holds the ali80 in place.

+1

Back
Top Bottom