What's the best Eezycut Trilobite attachment option?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It seems some are expecting too much from a line cutter. It should cut line, all day, every day. Line, line and more line. Small, convienient, out of the way. It's a line cutter. A line cutter with a steel blade is 90% usless after 5 dives. The sheath holds moisture against the blade, and the thin part corrodes first......i.e the sharp edge.

A line cutter that can cut rope may be nice, but I've never been caught in rope by surprise. Line? I got caught last week. That's a line cutter's job. It cuts line.

My knife cuts rope. Carry both. Each had a job.

What line cutter do you use? Does it rust after certain number of dives?

What line cutter do you use? Does it rust after certain number of dives?

Congrats for picking out the most pertinent part of my post. Yes, it's exactly 5 dives. 5 shall be the number of the dives and the number of the dives shall be 5. The number of the dives shalt not be 6, nor shalt they be 4, unless one then proceeds to 5. 7 is right out.....

At precicely 5 dives, there'll be enough O² for the most frivolous part of my post:

4Fe+3O²+6H²O > 4Fe(OH)³

The addition of NaCl speeds up this process, and as I've been diving exclusively in this environment for at least the last 15-20 years, steel blades are about as usefull as a can of SpareAir.

I moved to ceramic and haven't looked back. Anyone who breaks a ceramic line cutter by cutting rope, needs to understand they are operating outside the design limits of the tool they are using.

A friend of mine once broke the direction changing disk off the back of a ½" drive rachet he was using as a hammer. I had no sympathy for him......except for the fact that it was my rachet. These are the people writing 1 star reviews.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom