What's the best Eezycut Trilobite attachment option?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd recommend the Dive Rite ceramic line cutter over the Trilobite, just from a corrosion/maintenence perspective. Similar price, no rust.

As for mounting, everyone will have a different opinion. I have a knife on my waist, so the line cutter makes more sense on a sholder strap. It's rarely needed, so out of the way is better.

Old shot, this position for my back up cutting tool works for me, Mares ceramic line cutter.

20210813_090945.jpg

It is critical that your cutting tool be reachable quickly with either hand.

I wholeheartedly agree with the following review, posted on the Dive Gear Express Website...

geoffb
Verified Buyer

I recommend
this product
Best line cutter yet.
Oct 26, 2021
We dive these with the Sheriff's Office here in SF Bay (San Mateo County). We routinely encounter all types of crap - rope, monofilament, fishing nets etc. The small aperture line cutters with fixed jaws wont do it, this is superior in all ways, as it opens up to accommodate larger diameter junk. Of course, we also carry cast cutter shears or paramedic shears for wire/cable and so on, but this does well for +90% of the time. Cant recommend highly enough. Plus they don't rust out in 2 days. Huge value for the money. Whoever designed these deserves a thank you !

DGX Titanium M-Cut Safety Tool

Has slightly smaller form than Mares cutter. I prefer DGX for smaller size and price, and no rust.
1674950898075.png
1674950868943.png

Same same, and no rust Titanium .
Cuts up to 30 mm diameter rope [from their web site 'rope', cordage].
$68 AU for the DGX here it is more expensive [imports?] and the Mares is always in stock.
hand-line-cutter--titanium.jpg

I heard the ceramic blades don't do well in the cold so I stick with the trilobite and just change blades when needed.

I heard the ceramic blades don't do well in the cold so I stick with the trilobite and just change blades when needed.
The ceramic have their issues, the titanium don't stay sharp...just get a good old steel blade, keep lots of silicone on it, replace the blade often (easy and cheap). If it isn't sharp, it's not a good cutting tool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom