What's Left of Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bfisher:
Actually folks, I'm giving some thought to renting a place and staying there for several months. Guess that'll mean another trip down for house-hunting.

first of all, THAT'S, JUST WRONG!:D

Diving wise, I'd say it's pretty much the same situation north of Tormentos as it is south, the shallower you go, the more changes you see on the reef.

The good news is that sealife is abundant, the waters are super rich with nutrients, (it's just thick with plankton, take some time during your safety stop to just look at the water and see what you find, it's amazing!), soft corals and sponges are doing really well and on a major recovery.

Hey! it's blue water! go get wet!

His boat is running and still the fastest and most stream lined dive boat on the island. I love diving off of that thing. Completely custom and lots of space.

Oh REALLY? So you have dove with other operations from other boats? Be careful about making claims like this that you have no true knowledge of or that you cannot confirm. It really taints your credibility in a forum of very seasoned divers (and seasoned Cozumel divers at that).

I viewed your gallery...for an "experienced diver" it's disappointing to see that you certainly haven't learned much about respecting the marine environment - holding a trunkfish, petting a turtle, wedging your fins into the reef to get your photos, dangling gauges, kicking up the sandy bottom and kicking the reef during swim thrus...??? So where have your 1000+ dives been out of curiosity...you must REALLY get a lot of dives in on your one to two trips a year - you must get in 50+ dives a trip for ten years straight! (per your photo album). That's impressive!

Please ask Pascual to show you the marine park rules next time you visit...and perhaps you could request that he respect the marine environment as well.

His website says 17 knots. That's far from the fastest boat around. In fact, that's a pretty slow boat, especially with it's (claimed) 400 hp. As for customization, the boat in his pictures looks exactly like every other 6-pack fastboat on the island.

His website says 17 knots. That's far from the fastest boat around. In fact, that's a pretty slow boat, especially with it's (claimed) 400 hp.

I agree. I've never been on Christi's boats, but I've seen them, and I'm pretty sure either one of hers will beat that easily. I know BA's Chiquimax will, or at least it would for the last 5 years or so....

Firefyter:
I know BA's Chiquimax will, or at least it would for the last 5 years or so....
I'll second that! I love Chiquimax and have never been passed while on it. Once one of Papa Hogs boats tried passing us and I encouraged the Captain to kick it up a notch leaving the other's to eat our wake. I've been on Sea Robin's Ballena also which moves at a nice clip as well but never experienced the full potential of those new twin Honda outboards. Claiming to have the "fastest boat" on the island is a pretty large claim.

I call shenanigans on this aschburner and Paschual! Interestingly, with all of aschburner's good intentions of spamming us with Paschual blah, it's only done more to harm him. What kind of fool does he take us for?

At the risk of having this post deleted by Pete (NetDoc/Chairman of the Board) for TOS violation as a "pile-on" I present the following FACTS further tainting the crediability of aschburner's feeble attempt to spam us:

I have over 500 dives and almost 100 with pascual.
Yet his profile indicates he has 1000-2499 logged dives!?!?!?

Experienced local diver with over 30 years of professional experience on the Island of Cozumel Mexico. Personalized Dive Profiles and a custom fast dive boat call "El Mero Gordo". If you want to dive with a Cattle Heard try one of the big names.

The web site says Pascual has 25 years experiance. Which is it?!?! I'd tip my hat to someone with only 5 continuous years on the island. Exaggerations like this do little to impress me especially when they are inconsistent.

Secondly, the "big names" I know include, Blue XT Sea, Blue Angel, Living Underwater, Scuba with Alison, Aldora, Papa Hogs... none of which make a practice of cattle boat diving much less have boats indicative of such.

Sorry, I hate to do this publicly- bashing an op but I take very seriously to the blatant disregard to our ocean's marine life by scuba divers. Your c-card isn't a license to molest fish! Further, as a result of my post being deleted in another thread, I don't take lightly to the uncalled for censorship for what has ultimately turned out to be simply more than aschburner's OPINION. Instead its his immediate, frequent and shameless plugs for an operator from which he appears to be financially benefiting from neither of which have displayed respectful and good diving practices.

Last edited:
I'll second that! I love Chiquimax and have never been passed while on it. Once one of Papa Hogs boats tried passing us and I encouraged the Captain to kick it up a notch leaving the other's to eat our wake. I've been on Sea Robin's Ballena also which moves at a nice clip as well but never experienced the full potential of those new twin Honda outboards. Claiming to have the "fastest boat" on the island is a pretty large claim.

Since my post was deleted by mod, I will simply add that Living Underwater's Jewfish can easily outrun Chiquimax (and I like - and regularly use - both boats). (an interesting bit of trivia - former's captain is son in law of latter's captain). It's best to know the facts before spouting off about "who is best" in any specific category.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

The only post deleted on this thread was the aschburner spam post.

Please stop the dog-piling. He's been warned about the spamming and several threads have had some house-cleaning. Now lets move along.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom