What's it like being a diver living in NYC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Proud to Live in a Town Called Dildo (Published 2016)

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 2.59.33 PM.png

What is GREAT about living in NYC is you can get anywhere in the world from two of the three commercial airports and anywhere through all three! :)

NYC is TOTALLY a diver's mecca. I swear that I'm not kidding when I say this, but I would MUCH rather dive here (Jersey Shore and Long Island) than in the Caribbean.

Our club is all about diving in the NYC area, and I'm passionate about this stuff. Tomorrow night is our zoom meeting where I release the local diving schedule, but I'm more than happy to chat with you on the phone (I'm the past president and current dive chair).

The wildlife here is AMAZING, we live on the edge of a vibrant marine ecosystem. Plus, since it's right in our backyard, you can visit it every weekend in the season, without air travel or taking time off work.

The wrecks here are real wrecks with a lot of history. NYC has been a major shipping port for 500 years. A lot of WW2 was fought just off our shores, and there are U-boats and their victims to visit.

Here's the club.

Here's my wiki on diving in the NYC area.

And here's my children's book on NYC area sea life.

PM me if you want to talk, there are answers to all of your questions.
I've got to hit up one of these meetings!

We were discussing a trip with the Conception Bay charter operators back in February of 2020 as everything crashed and burned.... Cannot get the border open soon enough...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom