What's in the upgrade?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

is the
spoiler
look new?

no it's not . . . i didn't know we had the ability to do this... is this new?

One of may. Have you looked at Share this post in Bookmark yet?
I had not clicked that bookmark yet, that's pretty cool!

Where do they "bookmark" too? That's a handy tool, especially if I am reading a thread and need to go be productive elsewhere. . .

(You can see all the iterations of that post can't you LOL)

I'd argue it's probably more important.

Also, I can completely see how most people would have no use for a place like the pub. But as pubster, I gotta say the regulars in there are a close knit group of friends who even with our disagreements would goto bat for almost any other pubster.

I don't know of anywhere else (except maybe mof) here on sb that you'll find that...

And we also occasionally talk about diving... Funny thing though, it's never contentious when it comes to diving....
Ironically, I find the Pub to be more open, friendly and tolerant than several of the open furum, scuba only areas on SB, where real venom, anger and intolerance sometimes seems like the norm, if a poster strays from a preferred opinion, or even asks "the wrong question".
The Pub is just Surface Interval friendship where we can let our hair down to dry, kick back and just be real, or maybe :gas:, :poke: and :stir: among other users a bit, trying to enjoy our often too extend SIs.

edit: Ok, the above applies to SOME parts of The Pub. There are brushfire areas of The Pub which I know to avoid, because nothing good ever comes from entering there.

Thank you for your openness and honesty. I'd be a lousy moderator with such limited control of my emotional regulatory system. Too sensitive by half.

Like you I try to be a positive member and treat others with respect. I stay away from the more contentious threads and stick mostly to equipment stuff.

This is the only social media I'm involved in. I like being a member and for not entirely altruistic reasons I like to help out where I can because it makes me feel better about myself too.

I avoid confrontation of any sort like the plague.

Here I feel like a contributing member and due to the virtual space of an online forum I'm better able to reply after thinking and not just reacting.

SB is my social network. I've not many friends in real life.

I won't lie all these changes threw my equilibrium.

Most who "know" me give me latitude and treat me with some respect and compassion. I don't hide who I am.

I'm rambling. I got scared at the changes.

Looks like it'll all be ok.

Sorry for the ramble, I do that.
Changes can rock the boat, and force us to adjust.
SB changes have always thrown me, but some were for the better, some were less so. All of the changes eventually became normal, and these will too.

Back
Top Bottom