What's in the upgrade?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or responders could post what they found confusing, allowing anyone to respond and clarify.
I think if someone just posts a confused reaction without a reply, all it does, effectively, is create multiple confused people instead of one. I wouldn’t even have the reaction. If someone needs clarification, they can ask, instead of everyone trying to be mind readers.

True. That is one of the problems with Facebook...this is no easy way to say the post is garbage.
I don't have a Facebook account so am unsure, but could you not say, i.e using words, that you think the post is "garbage"?

Seems to me, and again I'm not the sharpest, that all this thumbs down does is create a potential very easy "hit and run"climate.

It's very easy with little effort or energy or thought to simply hit a thumbs down emoji, but takes more effort, energy and thought to actually say why you disagree or don't like a particular post. I think having the thumbs down will lower the "I don't like your post" publicly threshold.

I'm sorry, but I think all the potential "benefits" pointed out by other members are greatly outweighed by the potential negatives. I have tried to give this as much thought as I am able but I'm afraid I just cannot see how this is in anyway a good or positive thing. Does it help foster a positive environment? I cannot see how.

Perhaps I think too little of human nature, but seems this is a dangerous road to me.

I will step back over the next few weeks and see how all this goes.

Won't lie, feel more than a little anxious about this.

Not something that needed attention in my opinion. If you like something you could indicate that, it makes people feel nice. If you didn't like something enough you could post saying why or questioning etc. A bunch of thumbs down without any explanation will make many, myself included of course, feel like the proverbial.

Not many overly stupid or in anyway dangerous posts go unnoticed, a thumbs down emoji is just plain not nice IMO.

I realize perhaps I'm not "most" members, but that's me.

I'll think about this more and re read all the explanations.

Thank you for those that have explained their reasoning or rationale.

Or, you could ignore it as you do other inputs that have no context.

Personally I think there is a lot of energy being put into something that after a few weeks will normalize when sb users learn how to read and use the reactions.
I do hope you're right, I really do.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but how does one know who gave what emoji? Seems could get confusing if multiple people have Reacted? Thank you.

Attachments

• E0474A46-9907-49DC-B2B7-6C495F1136D3.jpeg
    E0474A46-9907-49DC-B2B7-6C495F1136D3.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 32
And for the record I'm not just against this for me, I actually very rarely offer an opinion, particularly on anything contentious. I almost always stick to stuff I know something about, try to offer assistance where I'm able and usually only hang out in the equipment forums or classifieds. I don't think I'm catastrophising or being paranoid that I'm going to get a million thumbs down reactions, but could be I guess.

***deleted. I'll think before I react. It's thrown my morning.
I am a bit late to reply.
Quite a surprise to see you here and something must have really bothered you.
Thumb down/up? Someone bound to agree/disagree with you so just be yourself.
Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom