What's in the upgrade?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Akimbo

Just a diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I suspect a lot of people will be asking themselves this question. Here are a few things that are worth pointing out:

More than just Likes. See:

1632699180757.png

You might also want to look at Mouseovers:

You probably noticed "Unfurling" above. That is what will happen when you paste a URL into a post. And you can click on it to take you there.

We also have a new Frequently Asked Questions forum, which will grow significantly in the next weeks. We have plenty of drafts that need to be updated for the final release.

You will notice a new forum category at the top of the Forum list:

1632699595407.png

The ScubaBoard Knowledge Base and Download Library has been in development for over three four years with contributions from every staff member and a couple that are no longer with us.

Continued in the next post

Continued from previous post

More changes to the internal direct private mail system between members: The name has evolved over the upgrades but the functions is about the same:

1632700765914.png

PMs or Private Messages :rtarrow: Conversations :rtarrow: Direct Messages

I'll try to update this tomorrow but it has been a really long day.

End of Multipart post

Akimbo, the new ScubaBoard looks great. I look forward to learning more about its capabilities.

SeaRat

How do we collapse and hide portions of the board that we have no interest in. It used to be a down arrow on the right side, even though it wouldn't stick very well.

From what I have seen so far, great job! Thank you so much for your efforts, and those of everyone else involved.

Erik

How do we collapse and hide portions of the board that we have no interest in. It used to be a down arrow on the right side, even though it wouldn't stick very well.

The collapsing forum categories is a casualty of compatibility — but that may not be so bad. The advantage of leaving all Categories uncollapsed is you can use your browser's Find feature. The Browser's Find can't see collapsed forums. Take a look at the Remember icon for an example:

Kudos...nice upgrade.

The board looks great! I do have a question, however... there used to be a feature where you could click and be taken to recent posts in a thread from the time one last logged in. That seems to be gone now, and the only option is to click on on the most recent date/time of the last post then scroll backwards. Am I missing something and this feature is still in existence?

The board looks great! I do have a question, however... there used to be a feature where you could click and be taken to recent posts in a thread from the time one last logged in. That seems to be gone now, and the only option is to click on on the most recent date/time of the last post then scroll backwards. Am I missing something and this feature is still in existence?
It's working for me. What I have noticed (this is on the old version as well) is that if I haven't looked at a thread in a couple weeks it won't remember my place. I put this down to a limited number of thread positions per user that the site keeps track of.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom