What's in the upgrade?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hate the upgrade. More of a down grade..
Everything is to cramped and hard to figure out... to flashy headers and hard to read the form. Hard to get though the pages, one at a time? Seriously

I never understand downgrades like this very unintuitive...
Don't think I'll be using the fourm much anymore...

I have a question about the change from Private Message to Direct Message:
Will content from previous PM dialogs be recoverable? I see that, at least so far, nothing is visible from before.

Messages still playing up, missing links, missing messages. Can messages be actually fixed, it's problematic. Thank you.
That's very likely a result of the database after the crash in August. Click the messages that display incorrectly, look at the number in the url and send me a message with those numbers. I'll fix it.

Everything is to cramped and hard to figure out... to flashy headers and hard to read the form. Hard to get though the pages, one at a time? Seriously

My first reaction too, but I'm not good with change, I'm trying to give it a chance.

@Akimbo I’m sure this was a lot more work than what I realize or understand. So, thanks for the hard work to migrate the board to a new appearance without losing data and so forth.

I do agree with another poster that the Dark and Light mode icon should be represented by a Moon and Sun respectively. I, too, clicked on a “gears” icon and expected it to take me to settings.

Also, the dark background is nice but the grey text becomes very difficult to see. Also, when I highlight text on the blue background, it’s difficult to see exactly what I’ve highlighted.

As background, I’m using an iPad purchased new two years ago (model MR7J2LL/A, 6th Gen). Not the newest but it’s up-to-date and fully functional.

One minor suggestion for the team. The icon that switches between light and dark mode looks like a gear in light mode. That usually indicates settings/preferences and I've found myself clicking it a couple times already expecting setting but getting a dark screen instead. Perhaps it could be changed to an icon of a sun to counterpoint the moon of dark mode?
DCR

Working on that. It should be a light bulb and crescent moon icon.

Unfortunately we were much more rushed than would have been ideal due to stability problems with the old servers and software. Covid also caused some delays but the upgrade couldn't be delayed any longer. We are working on a lot of details that should make the whole experience much better.

There really are a great many very useful new features. Please be a little patient.

Unfortunately we were much more rushed than would have been idea due to stability problems with the old servers and software. Covid also caused some delays but the upgrade couldn't be delayed any longer. We are working on a lot of details that should make the whole experience much better.

There really are a great many very useful new features. Please be a little patient.
This:

"Please be a little patient."

How do you know which reaction/emoji belongs to who? Thank you.

Attachments

• 94F74BA0-E995-4AE4-B18E-C7FFF2D7090B.jpeg
    94F74BA0-E995-4AE4-B18E-C7FFF2D7090B.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 71
  • ABF2C0AD-93AF-4A01-BC6D-02D180CF51B3.jpeg
    ABF2C0AD-93AF-4A01-BC6D-02D180CF51B3.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 645F51E2-1735-41FD-8013-D1CE6E9F7883.jpeg
    645F51E2-1735-41FD-8013-D1CE6E9F7883.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 65

Back
Top Bottom