What's in the upgrade?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's working for me. What I have noticed (this is on the old version as well) is that if I haven't looked at a thread in a couple weeks it won't remember my place. I put this down to a limited number of thread positions per user that the site keeps track of.

Threads are marked as read in the database per user. Threads older than 30 days are marked as read whether or not you actually read them.

One minor suggestion for the team. The icon that switches between light and dark mode looks like a gear in light mode. That usually indicates settings/preferences and I've found myself clicking it a couple times already expecting setting but getting a dark screen instead. Perhaps it could be changed to an icon of a sun to counterpoint the moon of dark mode?
DCR
That actually IS the Font Awesome icon for the sun. :)

Replies with quotes: doesn't seem to work where you can edit the quote to remove the 'fluff' to focus on the point you're replying to. Especially if picking it apart.

If you click on the rich text - codeview toggle icon you can switch back and forth between the two modes. I find it easier to selectively edit quotes in codeview mode.

Alternatively, staying in regular rich text mode, position your cursor after the part you want to respond to and press enter. This will split the quote at that point so you can respond to that part of the quote.

You can do this multiple times to reply to different parts of a quote.

Those "broken" emojis are custom emojis/smilies used on this board. They will need to be imported separately to make them usable.

@Akimbo I’m sure this was a lot more work than what I realize or understand. So, thanks for the hard work to migrate the board to a new appearance without losing data and so forth.

I do agree with another poster that the Dark and Light mode icon should be represented by a Moon and Sun respectively. I, too, clicked on a “gears” icon and expected it to take me to settings.

Also, the dark background is nice but the grey text becomes very difficult to see. Also, when I highlight text on the blue background, it’s difficult to see exactly what I’ve highlighted.

As background, I’m using an iPad purchased new two years ago (model MR7J2LL/A, 6th Gen). Not the newest but it’s up-to-date and fully functional.
The "ScubaBoard Dark" Style still needs some tweaking but things like that can be fixed. Try the "ScubaBoard Dark 2" style: is that more like what you're looking for?

The highlighting problem in SbuaBoard Dark was fixed on the test site but the fix didn't survive the migration to the live version. I'll get to that soon.

As for the Dark-Light icons, those are Font Awesome icons and the "gear" one is their Sun icon. There are other versions of Sun that could be used though.

Nice upgrade, thanks for all the hard work keeping this forum running.

one question- is there any plan to add tapatalk support to scubaboard?
I would strongly recommend against adding Tapatalk, for several reasons, including but not limited to
  • There are several security issues with Tapatalk
  • Tapatalk displays its own advertisements and leeches advertising revenue away from forum owners

The site colors have been bad since the zenforo upgrade a few years ago. There's not enough contrast between components. It all just runs together.

Dark mode being all one color and blue isn't really dark mode. SB Retro was better than the current "dark" mode.

That's my feedback.

Go to the bottom of the page to the top let side of the footer. Click on yhe current style and then in the popup box click on ScubaBoard Dark 2.

Is that better or more what you want to see in a dark style?

Back
Top Bottom