What's in a name?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With the flag inside or outside? And would we not want Florida in as part of the deep south? Though I do realize to some degree Florida could be a topic on it's own with so much diving.

Not sure how I got the sttaes to look like this but actually looks pretty goo effectwise I might be able to duplicate if you want Floida in it as well. I can also do the same thing with Flag in background of the maps and a transparent border area similar to your SC logo.

SE3.gif

Florida already has it's own NDI section.

And Florida isn't a Southern State.

What about if you took the outline of the States that you have on that last example and made a dive flag out of that, rather that silhouetted the states onto a rectangular dive flag?

That's what I did for the LCscuba.com logo... And it's plain, but it works.

RavenC had this idea that involved the melding of the Confederate flag and the dive flag, since they're both red with stripes... I thought it a really cool idea... Hunley or no Hunley.

Perhaps something like this or this?

In fact, I hate to be self-centered about it, but the more I look at those, them more I like them. Notice that they only differ from the Confederate flag in that the Confederate flag uses an "X" instead of a single stripe.

...And it represents all deep south States.

In fact, as much as I think the Hunley has a positive image, I think that it would complicate the logo and perhaps even be rather indescernable. Furthermore, it's somewhat SC centered... And we're not really affiliated with the Hunley...

I like that simple logo. Think about how well it'll transfer to flags and T-shirts or whatever else we do with the logo.

Scottish2
That is a really good effort. But, with all due respect, I would like to see the states look like the dive flag like our SC dive flag on the site rather than the states on the dive flag. It kinda resembles a meat chopping diagram on the butcher's wall. Please don't take it wrong. That's just my opinion. I don't mean to stiffle your efforts. Keep up the good work. R

PS, What SeaJay said about the Hunley I concur. I just didn't have time to go into detail. Once I started the post I had to do something else so I quickly ended it and exited. There was a great diving influence associated with the Hunley from the first time it submerged to its recent surfacing. It is history, it is steeped in the deep south, and it is diving. Diving in its essence. Humans who went beneath the surface to protect their home. And humans dove beneath the surface to bring the Hunley home.

What a treasure. What an honor to have such rich history, legend and lore right here in our southern waters we now make our playground.

SeaJay. I like #1 best. R

RavenC once bubbled...

There was a great diving influence associated with the Hunley from the first time it submerged to its recent surfacing. It is history, it is steeped in the deep south, and it is diving. Diving in its essence. Humans who went beneath the surface to protect their home. And humans dove beneath the surface to bring the Hunley home.

What a treasure. What an honor to have such rich history, legend and lore right here in our southern waters we now make our playground.

That's a seriously good point.

Hmmmm...

SeaJay. I like #1 best. R

If everyone liked that idea, and we all decided that something relative to the Hunley was to go on the flag, where would it go? How could we meld the two?

The Hunley images I found are at an angle so I thought putting the image on a transparency and placing it on the flag with the navy jack stripe it would be a cool angle. R

Do you remember when we were playing with the logos for the site? Something like that.

Try http://www.charletsonillustrated.com/hunley/gallery.htm##
that should connected to you the gallery page to look at some of the angled views I was talking about. R

SJ I was talking about the logos like the AZ sticker you have with the cactus on it. Except I think placing the Hunley as an actual image on top of the Flag would be good. I haven't played with it. But, if all that is too much effort, we could just use it as our mascot and leave our logo the dive flag with the navy jack stripe. I like that.

Hey does anyone else have any suggestions? R

OK finally my graphics program kept wanting to have a mind of it's own so I had to put it in it's place LOL Try this

SE4.gif

If you are very serious about the hunley you could always put a small avatar size image of it right below the map or something. Maybe with some dubloons and other such artifacts around it???:rolleyes:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom