What's in a name?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Honey, have you come up with any prototypes to the logo like you and I were talking about yesterday? Have you had the chance yet?

What type of logo were you both talking about maybe we might be able to offer some suggestion?

Cool. It looks like Deep South Divers it is. :)

The mascot and logo. Mascot - I was thinking the Hunley. Logo - I was thinking of using the image of the Hunley on a dive flag or maybe even two flags, the dive flag and the navy jack. Our tag line - I was thinking "The south will dive again."

What do ya'll think? R

Only question I would have using the Hunley would be if it is too much now associated with SC being it was found in SC waters. I realize it was a Southern navy vessel but...What about possibly using a map of the states in the group either done like your current logo or imposed over a normal dive flag. Also not sure which thread I posted this in but made the suggestion of maybe instead or changing your entire site maybe making a new index page for the site then having sub pages for different locations such as the Low Country and folks wanting to join the dive ring could submit a site for you to check and if it's worthy of entrance adding it to the ring. This would be a good way to have one spot for diving locations around the SE who knows maybe world even.

The idea of the Hunley was because to me it is a symbol of the beginning of exploration of underwater everything. It wasn't the association with SC only. Any other suggestions, I am open here. R

To me, the Hunley, recently recovered from the dark waters off of the Charleston Harbor, signifies a proud southern heritage, archelogicial significance, lots of legends and folklore, and of course, diving. It would not have been recovered if it weren't for the hundreds of diver volunteers.

Of course, I'm biased, since I'm in SC, so you have a great point there.

But to me, the whole thing symbolizes a very postive southern image along with the significance of diving.

Then again, I like the "States" idea, too.

I just threw this together quickly obviously we need to see if all the deep south states are represented and each state might look better a different color but just chopped a map I had. You could also do something like you have for your SC logo though I think for looks we would be good to add Arkansas as well to help make the map a little more square in shape right now might look funny without Arkansas.

SE2.gif

Back
Top Bottom