What's happening this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sprange

Reaction score
I'm guessing that there must be something interesting going on around here....or at least somewhere around Toronto. For a (currently) non DIRf diver with less than 200 dives, it's slim pickings for me. It's looking like a dive light will be required for my daytime weekend dives in either Innerkip or St. Mary's (I have some amoxicillin just in case). I'd love to hear what everyone else has planned...

Sean

sprange:
I'm guessing that there must be something interesting going on around here....or at least somewhere around Toronto. For a (currently) non DIRf diver with less than 200 dives, it's slim pickings for me. It's looking like a dive light will be required for my daytime weekend dives in either Innerkip or St. Mary's (I have some amoxicillin just in case). I'd love to hear what everyone else has planned...

Sean

I know SoScuba has some dives going on Saturday and Sunday. See his post under the charters section at the top.

He's planning, but they are ADVANCED level dives. The Acme is right at the limit (130 feet).

Groundhog246:
He's planning, but they are ADVANCED level dives. The Acme is right at the limit (130 feet).

Dove with Sean of SOScuba last night - the Tiller/Millenium off Port Dalousie - just a little bit of waves. He thinks that he will more than likely dive the Tiller/Millenium on Saturday because of the chance of winds on Erie. You should still give him a call or PM or Email him

Sorry. Acme was Sunday. I have other commitments on Saturday already. Would actually prefer to do the Tiller wreck. Still an advanced dive. Tends to be windier this time of the year.

The weather was bitter that November in 1913. It cost the lives of 248 men and women and sank 12 freighters without trace.

From November 7-12 of that year there raged the greatest storm ever to strike the Lakes--the greatest storm in the history of inland navigation and one of the grimmest on record anywhere.

sprange:

Sean
I noticed a lot of the posts are mentioning that certain proposed dives are "advanced"....... what level are you looking to dive?

FreeFloat:
I noticed a lot of the posts are mentioning that certain proposed dives are "advanced"....... what level are you looking to dive?

Considering my experience and skill level, I'm not looking for an 'advanced' dive. An old graduate student friend of mine is in the area during the weekend, but he won't even consider diving with anyone (even 25' Innerkip) who is not DIRf (as alluded to in my initial post). I've resigned this diving season to puddle adventures, but by next year I should be in good shape to meet/dive with the rest of the Ontario gang. At least in the next 5 months I have Florida, Cozumel, and Hawaii (Big Island) to look forward to.

Sean

Tom R:
not DIRf why is this a problem here

It's obviously a problem for my old 'friend' (I've never dove with him). Well considering that the last time I was at St. Mary's I was temporarily entangled by some invisible monofilament, it may very well be a good idea. I also ended up with some mystery stains on my wetsuit that don't seem to come out. Considering the color (white) and location it's rather embarressing.

Sean

Back
Top Bottom