What's diving like in Acapulco and Cabo San Lucas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't have any experience with either of these personally.

A good friend of mine goes to Cabo at least once a year. She claims that the diving is grand!

There are more Fish and way better Vis. in Cabo. Cabo is like an island three side are Water one side desert.I have seen whale sharks, Mantas, sea Lions, green Sea turtles and more species of tropical Fish than any place I have dove.

I've been to Cabo twice diving. It is OK...most of it is deeper diving, as nothing really begins above 60 feet. Sand falls are interesting, and the blow hole, but again, it's deeper diving.

We were in Acapulco June '04. We never found many good reviews beforehand regarding the dive conditions. Once there, the views of the ocean, etc. were pretty, but once in the water, the visibility was low. Very murky.

pmoulder:
Anyone have any experience at either place?

We go to Cabo a couple times a year. I enjoy the diving; seeing the sea lions, lots of puffers, eels, rays, large groupers, huge balls of baitfish, reef sharks and tropicals but there really isn't much for soft coral. I have yet to see a hammerhead or a whaleshark but they are in the area. The visibility is 50 to 60 at best, with lots of particulate matter. The water is cool in the winter and spring (60s to 70s), it doesn't warm up until july or august (80s), then it cools down in late November. The diving is close in so you don't have to spend the whole day to go for two tanks, we are usually back at the dock by noonish. The shore diving is limited.
I have not been to Acapulco.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom