What's an Internet Diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman:
Oh, and BTW, I think you read too many Mad magazines as a kid. :D

welll... i sort of read Mad Magazine now... you know.... cause i buy them for
my niece... yeah

it's just a jump to the left
and then a step to the right
you put your hands on your hips
and bring your knees in tight
but it's the pelvic thrust
that really drives them in-sane-ane-ane
let's do the Time Warp again!!

(from the Rocky Horror Picture Show)

ScottZeagle:
If you are an internet diver, are you required to have a longer cord on your computer???

Just wondering what the DIR specs are for internet diving!!!

:wink:

"Diving the Long Cord" love it!

how do you properly stow that??

When you have more posts in one day than dives in one year, you are an internet diver.

If you are giving advice on something that you've never done... You might be an internet diver.

If your post count is over 5x your dive count... You might be either 1.) an internet diver, or 2.) a brand new diver looking for answers to questions, or 3.) in an office setting where you don't like your job and wish you were diving (refer back to 1 above).

If you haven't dove in the last 3 months but give advice about diving every week... You are definately an internet diver.

There is nothing wrong with being an internet diver. I have known and dove with a few. As long as they aren't giving advice under the guise of first hand experience when they only read about it, I simply find it comical.

Thanks for quoting me first :wink: It's nice to know that I'm appreciated.

Divesherpa:
Oh, you are appreciated. In fact, it was your quote that inspired the thread. :D
Thanks!

miketsp:
I'd say that nearly all the posters, with very few exceptions, have at least 4 times as many posts as dives so your definition would apply to most of the community.

Yep :eyebrow: :wink:

If you are giving advice on something that you've never done... You might be an internet diver.

If your post count is over 5x your dive count... You might be either 1.) an internet diver, or 2.) a brand new diver looking for answers to questions, or 3.) in an office setting where you don't like your job and wish you were diving (refer back to 1 above).

If you haven't dove in the last 3 months but give advice about diving every week... You are definately an internet diver.

There is nothing wrong with being an internet diver. I have known and dove with a few. As long as they aren't giving advice under the guise of first hand experience when they only read about it, I simply find it comical.

Are you diving?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom