Whats a cootie?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeanQ:
"Circle circle, dot dot; now I've got my cootie shot."

:sly:

And that last dot would leave a dot. This was usually two hits on the arm as hard as the other person could slug you.

Who remembers making "cootie catchers" by folding paper and writing things under the flaps... such as which BOY with cooties you were destined to marry? Boys definitely had cooties as well as girls... :wink: And the board game... Cooties!!

sapphire:
Who remembers making "cootie catchers" by folding paper and writing things under the flaps... such as which BOY with cooties you were destined to marry? Boys definitely had cooties as well as girls... :wink:

My girls loved that during the 80's. It was the Play Station of the time. :wink:

they are a critter that is related to the Snipe ...... have you ever been on a Snipe hunt ? ..... if not let us know and next time you're in Texas we'll take you out in the woods and set up a hunt for you ............

scubapro50:
they are a critter that is related to the Snipe ...... have you ever been on a Snipe hunt ? ..... if not let us know and next time you're in Texas we'll take you out in the woods and set up a hunt for you ............

"set up" being the appropriate phrase. :wink:

Ah, but the snipe (Wilson's or common snipe) is a real bird !!!!

My older brother took me snipe hunting on a small island in a Northern lake once when I was small. He went around the Island one way and I went the other, he eventually came back with the boat..................................later in the day.

Now snipes are creatures that only come out at night. This is one reason no can find them durning the day. The best hunts are conducted late at night when a full moon is out. You give the "hunter" a flashlight, stick and a large sack or bag. Then take them down a long dark country road or maybe a field away from houses and other lights. The hunter must beat the ground with his stick making a thumbing noise to lure in the snipe. Now you must keep the flashlight turned off. Once the snipe come in you shine the light in their eyes and they are blinded. This gives you a chance to grab them by their tails and stuff them in the sack before they can bite you .....

Back
Top Bottom