What's a better dive, the Great Isaac or the Pauline Marie?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

southjerseydiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hey everyone. im going out with northeast scuba in two weeks and cant decide which trip i want to sign up for, the G.I or the pauline marie. anyone have any opinions and descriptions of these two dive sites.

hey everyone. im going out with northeast scuba in two weeks and cant decide which trip i want to sign up for, the G.I or the pauline marie. anyone have any opinions and descriptions of these two dive sites.
Sorry, sjd. I haven't been on the Gt. Isaac in 10+ years. At that time it was pretty intact, bugs to be had and easy navigating. My LDS rep was kind enough to make me an ad hoc guide for a newby. Had fun showing him (and me for that matter) the wreck and trained him in catching little bugs. I've heard it has deteriorated somewhat over the years. No big surprise there. About eight +/- years ago it was leaking oil, I heard.
The P. Marie: Wanted to try that last Monday but the LDS told me it was a three-tanker day and I didn't want to do three tanks. So that's no help to you.
By a strange coincidence I was looking to go with NESS to the P. Marie next Saturday. Semi-small world.
Anyway, I've used up one fair sized and two mini-paragraphs not to have said anything. (I'd delete this post but don't want to waste all the effort it took to compose.)

F106a i may see you on the boat saturday. the pauline marie looks nice because it is a bigger wreck so more room to look around. the downside is that it is artificial.

The Isaac is one of my favorite NJ dives. Artifacts to be had if you care to penetrate.

m suggestion, call and ask John at NESS, he is a good guy and won't BS you to sell his charter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom