What's a best buy jet fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are about $65 at Leisurepro right now. I got a used pair for $30 on consignment at my LDS. Or you could wait until the Force Fin guy finishes copying them in ultrasuperfastmajicplastic and get them for $499. :)

Zzzking, you think Bob Evans will bring out the jet fin on the tan delta material for 499.99? If he does I would be amazed and I would probably save up for them, too.

if jet fin type, so many of them out there and these are the ones that came to my mind. IDI Turtles, OMS Slipstream, that new Hollis fin, Aqualung Rocket fins, xs scuba fn-300 and maybe some others. I haven't tried any of these fins before and are you sure this is the type of fins that you really desire?

For what is worth I believe my Force Fin Extra Force with whiskers would be good for the purposes that those fins are intended for. I also like my APS Mantarays and I can assume that these can do the same purposes as those brands listed, too.

Last edited:
HOG Fins are around $80 with spring straps

Zzzking, you think Bob Evans will bring out the jet fin on the tan delta material for 499.99? If he does I would be amazed and I would probably save up for them, too.

He just mentioned doing a mold for them on another thread. I kind of said in in jest as the OP was asking about a "best buy". It seems curious to me that anyone would try to make them out of lighter, more flexible material. Heavy and stiff are two of their better qualities. :D

thank you for your suggestions. Very helpful. My dive buddies gave me Gull Mantis fins open heel. Is it good? My legs are bouyant thats why im looking for jet fins. I haven't tried it yet.

Are you a strong kicker? Can you last a dive (at least 30min. and say 45ft.) without getting a cramp with the normal paddle fins? Have you tried the splits already and did you or did you not like the splits better than the paddle type? Did you try ankle weights to alleviate this before going out and spend the money for another pair of fins just buying ankle weights will cost you at least half as much as another pair of fins.

Did you actually try to use even the funny looking fins like Force fins, which I love and always come negatively buoyant, works and tough as nails. Even like I said before I really like my APS Mantarays, the black and the white comes in negatively buoyant.

There are lots of fins that are negatively buoyant than the jet style. I would hate it if you spent the money for them and have to give them up to a new home.

As for gull, that brand is hard for us to get in the United States so it's hard to tell you if the Gull Mantis is good. I don't recall we even have a supplier here. I do know for a fact some Riffe products are re-badged gulls like the stable snorkel. Probably Hawaii, though.

He just mentioned doing a mold for them on another thread. I kind of said in in jest as the OP was asking about a "best buy". It seems curious to me that anyone would try to make them out of lighter, more flexible material. Heavy and stiff are two of their better qualities. :D

Well with that superfragilisticXpe-Aladocious material for that Jet fin mold plus the tweaks on it, plus the weight and the hardness of the fancy material that would be almost like re-inventing the wheel for scuba fins and possibly put Force Fins on the map, You know he is also working on making a mold of the UDT Duck feet, right?:)

Castanagaji- A scubaboard member is testing the first pair of blue tan delta UDT fins. Waiting to hear the news on scubaboard. we are pouring another pair tomorrow with a hard blade and soft heel strap, maybe two colors?. I need to pick up a new pair of Jet Fins size xxl any bargain prices around since they do not cost more $10.00 to make. Thanks.

op, keep an eye on ebay. i got mine for $30 or so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom