What's a best buy jet fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wayward son, gosh the pair of Jet fins I got from "Big Jim Christiansen", top dog at ScubaPro in 1969 still look good , but after 20 years they have cuts in them from commerial diving. Need a new pair made that still smells like rubber. Help. Thanks Bob

CAREFUL! I you buy on ebay you won't get free parts for life! :rofl3:

To dip in on this, I'm trying to find out a good pair of jets too. Or force fins if they do the trick. The trick in question is frog, back, scull kicks. I have splits at the moment. Pro:they're negative, and good in a current, particular scissors kick. Against: they feel clumsy. They're also too large for me (L-XL) where as small-medium would fit me better. And splits don't lend themselves to the kicks I am trying to learn, for me at least.

I've got some basic paddles which I really like but they're very positive which I don't like. I like the fact they're short so I don't bang into stuff particularly trying to back away from a wall when very close to it and being pushed closer. Which makes me think that force fins might be for me but I don't really know enough to say.

I'm on a budget too, so any tips on where one can get them second hand would be appreciated too. Hope this isn't hijacking. Soz if so.

Castanagaji- A scubaboard member is testing the first pair of blue tan delta UDT fins. Waiting to hear the news on scubaboard. we are pouring another pair tomorrow with a hard blade and soft heel strap, maybe two colors?. I need to pick up a new pair of Jet Fins size xxl any bargain prices around since they do not cost more $10.00 to make. Thanks.

Manufacturer>Distributor>Dealer>Customer. How much do the molds cost? Labor? Shipping to each that "holds em" for unknown time periods? Heating and cooling the wharehouse? I really like my jets. One pr from e-bay like new with Halcyon spring straps for less than $100.
If Bob can make em for 10 and sell for 20 he'll do really well.

As mention before the HOG fins with spring straps are very affordable. I can't say anything of using these jet fin type fins yet.

As for Force fins you can find them in ebay.com. I bought my Force Fin Extra Force with only a 100.00 American dollars. With the whiskers about a 100.00 from Force fin it only came up to be 200.00 about the running price for a great pair of fins these days.

I bought my Force Fin Pros for 130.00 shipped from a guy in scubaboard. From what he told me he got rid of these because the owner of his LDS does not like them because of their looks and he does not carry them.

I bought my Force Fin Excellerator with whiskers from "Swim King Scuba" on the used section for only 285.00 American dollars shipped.

I also saw a pair of jets in craigslist.org from time to time for 30.00 and down.

As I said before, the APS Mantaray will be a great bang of the buck for 150.00 or less.

Just bought a pair of oms slipstreams from leasiure pro for 60 dollars with free shipping,the 30 year old jets were starting to get a few rips in the sides,but I think I got my moneys worth out of them,I thought about trying out that life time warranty but am not sure where my receipt got off to.:shocked2:

Back
Top Bottom