What's a "badass" diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You want badass, try putting out oil rig fires at sea. This was taken during the IXTOC-1 well blowout in the Bay of Campeche in the Gulf of Mexico.

SCAN0027.jpg

View attachment 207318
This guy right here or alternatively the guy with the denim jacket with his PADI Night Diver and PADI MSD patches sewn on the shoulder..

My real answer...It's a tough question to answer since of the some of the people I've met that I consider "badass" divers are very modest and soft spoken and would not consider themselves "badass" dives at all. They are constantly learning and analyzing what they do. I would say someone who is constantly pushing new limits (diving new challenging wrecks, new cave passages, pushing new boundaries and depths) safely or someone who was a true pioneer. Obviously all of these carry risks but someone who calculates these risks and plans for them in my mind is a "badass" diver.

A bounce dive to 350ft on a single tank only makes someone look "badass" in their own mind.. I've met several people in their own mind who think this makes them badass. To me, it makes them a walking accident on living on borrowed time.

A real badass, for me is the humble one, there are lots of high ego ones, granted they are proud for whag they accomplish but they are normally full of it, I ratther sit down with the humble one and hear how did it go, than to lessen to one that is full of him self.

Definitely bad-ass.

I couldn't put out a well fire at sea.

R..

I can take one of those---------better than having to dive with a badbrain one.......

I AM A BAD ASS DIVER!

(I know I'm going to be burned for this post... I just know it...)

BTW that was an Halloween dive and it is a pair of shorts with a fake posterior on it!

Last edited:
View attachment 207357

I AM A BAD ASS DIVER!

(I know I'm going to be burned for this post... I just know it...)

BTW that was an Halloween dive and it is a pair of shorts with a fake posterior on it!

My ONLY thought was 'too bad you not a female.'.........:)

To me a badass diver is one that had a hot curry for dinner the night before.

To me a badass diver is one that had a hot curry for dinner the night before.

Or a bad case of hemherroids.. Yeeowza.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom