Whatever happened to solid mask defogs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will an application of Absolutely Clear last across several dives, or does it need to be reapplied after each dive?

Absolutely Clear is cheaper than regular defog
Really? A 700 ml bottle of dish soap is around $2.50. Since you dilute it, it gives you several liters of defog. I haven't seen any kind of commercial defog cheaper than that.

Will an application of Absolutely Clear last across several dives, or does it need to be reapplied after each dive?

I am interested too...if I could apply it in the "night before" prep that would be great! Also, how it stands up to hot humid boat conditions between dives...

Really? A 700 ml bottle of dish soap is around $2.50. Since you dilute it, it gives you several liters of defog. I haven't seen any kind of commercial defog cheaper than that.

$1 at the dollar store works just as well! :D

Reactions: dfx

If it's like the ones I used before it lasts several dives. The downside to how long it lasts is that you can get a white residue buildup if you don't clean the mask out with soap and water at the end of the day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom