What would you pay for this setup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sn1per9000

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys. I was offer this Apeks setup. I just need to know what a fair rate to pay for it is.

It was bought in 2007. According to the sell re the computer has never been used and the regs have been used for checkout dives.

The have never been serviced. I know that's going to cost $100.

Any insight would be nice.

fb99887ddffdfadfc4ede128f192084d.jpg

c55b28db146411542cbe4c0b64656bba.jpg

97021deca0796f05a7a51a2b810ef286.jpg

d0f41e24cc18076b9ed85631a2dc0469.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is say around $500-600, if they are almost new condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since everything needs to be serviced, I would say 500 is a good price. Hard to say from the pics, but it is DIN with an adapter?

I don't know how much the computer goes for, but I wouldn't pay more than 525 assuming it is DIN with an adapter.

Here is my general math:
150-computer
250-primary
75-octo (no idea what it goes for, but it is apeks so probably a lot with the brand name)
25-compass/get it to a nice round number

If you get some push back on price, stress everything needs to be serviced, battery in computer replaced, etc, etc. You'll pay cash....

I would go around 250 or 300.

Is it right for you...

Do you typically use DIN or Yoke tanks, do you own tanks or are they provided by the dive operator? If you are normally having to use Yoke the adaptor will be a pain in the neck. Check the cost to convert...
If you were buying a computer would you consider this computer? Don't consider it of value just because it is bundled. Do you want an air integrated module? Would you prefer wrist mounter computer?
Do you want your second stages to be the same or at least the same capability? Do you think your would change the occy in time to match the primary? If so its not worth buying.
Would you use a compass on the console? The best placed is on the wrist.

The value to you is important, if its not the right reg/computer for you its of little value. If it is exactly what you would go and buy new then its value is a lot higher to you.

As others say consider the service costs, parts and labour.

I would verify the cost of service because $100 seems low for both parts and labor. The primary is an XTX 200 which is Apeks top of the line reg. They go for between $200 and $250 on Ebay. The Apeks octo is ok but I would prefer an XTX-50 second. The octo goes for around $50 - $75 on eBay. The Suunto console retails for $500 at Leisurepro. I have no clue for what they go for used, so I would estimate half-price. If everything is in like new condition then $500 for the lot would be reasonable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom