What would you like to see Zeagle make/change?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the concept behind the EZ travel fins. This foot/fin interface style pretty much eliminates cramps, and works with many boots.

I'd like to see a heavy-duty tech-style version, sized for large drysuit rockboots.

I use size 14 or 15 rockboots with my Evo 2 drysuit, and it's been a PITA finding fins that fit decently.
Am using the largest-pocketed fins I could order (Edge Hog Tech XXL), and they are not as good as they could/should be...

Adjustable foot pocket is a great solution.
Something similar in function to the Forcefin SD1, but not costing $500.
Have the front straps adjustable but semi-fixed, with easy entry/exit using a springstrap in the rear.

I'll take the other side on this discussion.
I do not believe this is a task for joe diver to undertake.
Experienced service technicans with years at the bench still travel distance and spend money every year to stay current with updates on the brands they work on.
Tools necessary to properly do the job are expensive, brand specific and not found in hardware stores. A torque wrench, intermediate pressure gauge and an ultrasonic cleaner and a tube of Oxy lube will cost more that Joe paid for his regulator sytem and computer.
A novice can destroy a regulator with improper use of something as simple as a dental pick while removing an O ring. Novice's always overtighten and overlube everything.
Tool marks from a slipping wrench are permanent. If the tech makes to mistake he pays the piper and buys the part. Or his boss does.
Most dive shops have service personal who are properly factory trained, know what they are doing and do good work. But, we still have to re-do other's work. After paying to get a familar regulator serviced, most owners know right away if the work wasn't done correctly and if the reg has a problem.
So, I always recomend that you take your regulator to a dive shop that sells the brand and ask to see the service tech's certificate before dropping off the regulator for service.
And , while I do sell the service kits, we can also offer some phone support, and we will bail you out if you get in over your head on your service project.

Better finished backplates with no sharp edges that cut through webbing with regular use.

316 Stainless sex bolts instead of those plastic bolts.

Stainless tank bands for single tanks.

Tiny donut single tank wing with about 18lbs lift for travel in the tropics.

Green and Blue camo available on all wings.

Storage pouch on backplates like a Halcyon.

I would like to see a small redesign of the Stiletto (otherwise a great bc, by the way), moving the trim pockets up to the level of the upper band. Then these trim pockets would actually be useful for helping to adjust trim. The current position is too close to the level of the front weight pockets.

Why don't you just put them up there? I haven't actually tried it, but I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work, although you might just need to trim a little off the velcro straps but that's easy.

I use size 14 or 15 rockboots with my Evo 2 drysuit, and it's been a PITA finding fins that fit decently.
Am using the largest-pocketed fins I could order (Edge Hog Tech XXL), and they are not as good as they could/should be...

As another diver with big feet (13W), I also would love for a manufacturer like Zeagle to offer a decent set of fins with a larger foot pocket.

Better finished backplates with no sharp edges that cut through webbing with regular use.

316 Stainless sex bolts instead of those plastic bolts.

Stainless tank bands for single tanks.

Tiny donut single tank wing with about 18lbs lift for travel in the tropics.

Green and Blue camo available on all wings.

Storage pouch on backplates like a Halcyon.

The first backplates we had made had sharper edges, but the current ones are much smoother...

We have 316 Stainless screws, as well as the plastic ones.

An 18lb wing is a possibility, if there is enough demand for one.

We have had blue camo available for years, and no one ever orders it. To order 1000 yards of green would mean having two types of camo that few people buy!! :D

I can certainly look at a H pouch and see if it's possible...

Scott

Scott, I suggested it on another post somewhere but possible changing the ripcord handles to yellow? Our eyes are actually pretty poor at discerning red since its so close to the end of the visible colour spectrum?

In an emergency situation (which will be 99.9% of the time it'll be needed to be identified), it'll be much easier to locate.

Jason - There has been discussion about this from time to time over the years, but I think it all comes back to the point that the red handle is designed to draw attention on the surface/boat/shore/shop.

Once a diver (and dive buddy) understand what it is, and how it works, I believe that the color becomes virtually non-important.

If you know WHERE it is, and HOW to operate it, you just do it.

Oddly enough, I have never seen this discussion regarding black weight belts.

The title says it all! What would you like to see Zeagle make or change?
The logo.

haha...that's what I was gonna say. I know Zeagle is a well-regarded brand but I never really considered buying any Zeagle stuff because of that cheesy looking logo. I know that's not a good reason to not buy something but I'm positive I'm not the only person who feels that way...honestly the logo alone makes the regs look antiquated--plus the styling of many of the products isn't very good either. But, yeah, definitely need an updated logo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom