What would you like to see Zeagle make/change?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like the Tech pocket but with velcro......
Maybe a velcro flap?
I like that idea.

Exactly, something that I can open with one hand just by pulling a flap.

It would also be nice if there was a way to fix it with a triglide or something as I have heard of people loosing the pocket and its contents as it has slipped from the waistband (and into the water) while trying to put the gear on or taking it off.

The current tech pocket has a wide band (pressume for normal bcd's) and a couple of thinner bands but no way of limiting movement.

Thanks mate.

Having DVD available on their website for servicing regs will be a +

What I am suggesting, though, is that Zeagle regulator service training be made accessible to the end user. I'm comfortable with doing the overhauls on my own, but it would be even better to have an experienced reg technician demonstrate how he does things and offer insider tips on troubleshooting reg issues. I would definitely pay for that experience. Currently, reg owners can only access this training if they are sponsored by a reg repair shop. This arrangement seems kind of silly to me.

Improve the design of the "self-emptying" pockets on the Brigade/Ranger, as well as some other models. When you are in a horizontal attitude, if the pocket zipper is opened the smallest amount, objects in the pockets tend to disappear. Wife/buddy and I have both experienced this more than once.

How about neutrally buoyant wetsuits? Even wetsuits that are less positively buoyant than current models would be awesome.

Carrying weights on a belt around my hips (1) stresses my lower back and spine when swimming horizontally and (2) makes me back heavy when walking. Do you folks offer a weight harness that (1) slips around the shoulders/chest and (2) places the weights on the front of the body?

P.S. On the Pinnacle news page it would be really helpful to have the most recent news appear first.

Last edited:
How about neutrally buoyant wetsuits? Even wetsuits that are less positively buoyant than current models would be awesome.

P.S. On the Pinnacle news page it would be really helpful to have the most recent news appear first.

Now how are you going to do that, add neoprene to a suit of armor?

Improve the quality of the Pinnacle dry suit over boots that come with the soft socks model.

I know more than one person who had them replaced more than once under warranty as they simply can't stand the test of time.

It's sad because I love my Evo 2 and I believe that it is tough as nails..... but the boots! :shakehead:

Thanks...

Last edited:
Now how are you going to do that, add neoprene to a suit of armor?
What about embedding a chain mail shirt in neoprene?

Clearly this would be overkill as the chain mail form factor would inhibit the flexibility needed to don and doff the suit. But perhaps chain mail across the shoulders and strips of chain mail in the abdomen might work.

I don't know what kind of R&D the scuba industry can afford but things in material science are changing. I've heard that pliable ceramics exist; some ceramics have interesting heat transfer characteristics.

Who knows, maybe Zeagle/Pinnacle can get the military to fund some interesting R&D projects in this area?

What about embedding a chain mail shirt in neoprene?

Clearly this would be overkill as the chain mail form factor would inhibit the flexibility needed to don and doff the suit. But perhaps chain mail across the shoulders and strips of chain mail in the abdomen might work.

I don't know what kind of R&D the scuba industry can afford but things in material science are changing. I've heard that pliable ceramics exist; some ceramics have interesting heat transfer characteristics.

Who knows, maybe Zeagle/Pinnacle can get the military to fund some interesting R&D projects in this area?

I had a different idea for a wetsuit. Rather than using neoprene, use a gel fluid between two thin fabrics; a fluid that does not conduct heat well. The advantage of this is: 1. fluid is non compressible so buoyancy and insulation does not change with depth and 2. the fluid may be heavier than neoprene.

Adam

Back
Top Bottom