What would you do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crewboat

Registered
Reaction score
You have two choices which would you choose? St Johns and the Deep South (or) Brothers/Daedalus/Elphinstone? Please let me know. This is the #1 place to go for dive info. Thanks Crewboat.

Crewboat:
You have two choices which would you choose? St Johns and the Deep South (or) Brothers/Daedalus/Elphinstone? Please let me know. This is the #1 place to go for dive info. Thanks Crewboat.
oops I messed up the second option should have read-daedalus-Zabargad-Rocky. sorry

Have not done Rocky/Zabargad.
But I would put Brothers ahead of Deep South AND Sudan.
Plus you may see the Oceanics on Elphinstone if lucky.

Seadeuce

I'd go for Daedalous/Zabargad/Rocky, as you should get plenty of shark action and some great walls.

St John's and the Deep South reefs in that area are still nice, with plenty of coral growth, etc, but I find they don't have the pelagic action I crave.

The ideal trip is Brothers/Daedalous/Elphinstone if you can find it, but Rocky is a bit like Little Brother, so you'd still have a cracking trip if you go for the top option.

Mark

Meself, St Johns and Deep South...farsaway from the maddening crowds!

No question it would be Brothers Daedalus Elphinstone. Brothers never seems to disappoint (have dived it on 6 trips). Daedalus also can be very good, Elphinstone is class (albeit a bit busy sometimes - still, good chance of oceanics at the right time of year).

Rocky is not that great - have only dived it on one trip but I know plenty of people who no longer really rate it. Zabarghad is ok but not spectacular.

Arfy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom