What would you do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny:
Add a little more to the mix. 5 people were the intended recepients of the lottery tickets, one to each person. (not scratch off). Oh, and this was not the only gift they were receiving. (you really are not THAT cheap)
1. Your aging parents who you will suppport in their final years unless they have a windfall of some sort.
2. Brother who is not financially responsible.
3. Friends who are broke and struggling to make ends meet.
4. Friends who have plenty of $$ and are financially secure.
5. Best friend who has been there by your side through thick and thin.

Since multiple gifts were intended but not required forget it, the tickets are yours since they were never distributed. There is no longer any dilema. I can't remember how many times I changed my mind on who got what in my system of xmas presents distribution. You might have actually made a concious disicsion that you really didn't want to promote gambling to your loved ones.

take care of your parents first, and divide the remainder evenly ... whether they have money or not, financially irresponsible or not, friend or whatever... you were going to give them the ticket in the first place, who's to say which of them won it all

Give everybody 100k and 5 fresh lottery tickets. The original intent was to give them unused lottery tickets, not 20 million dollars. I don't think anyone would complain.

Keep the bucks.

Open a dive shop.

Set up charter ops.

Give your friends deep discounts on gear, trips, and diving.

It won't be long until your fortune is exhausted, your friends will be certified and well-equipped, you'll be back where you started financially, and everyone will have had a great time.

:D

:rofl3:

Scuba_Jenny:
Scenerio: You pick up a few lotto tickets for friends as Chirstmas gifts. Lotto is up to $20 million. However, with all the hustle and bustle of the holiday, you forgot to give them to your friends. You realize your snaffu after the drawing and decide to check the numbers yourself. WINNER!!!! You are holding a ticket worth $20 million!
Do you give the ticket to your friend or keep it for yourself?

All good answers above but there is only one correct answer. Since money is the root of all evil, you should dispose of the winning ticket. So as not to risk anyone getting their hands on it and turning pure evil, place it in an envelope and mail it to HOCKEYNUT who is already going to hell anyway. And he will take care of the problem. Also, anyone else out there with this problem, pm me and I will send you my address.:wink:

Doc Intrepid:
Keep the bucks.

Open a dive shop.

Set up charter ops.

Give your friends deep discounts on gear, trips, and diving.

It won't be long until your fortune is exhausted, your friends will be certified and well-equipped, you'll be back where you started financially, and everyone will have had a great time.

Ding Ding Ding! ... Winner! Winner!

Hmm send you far far away, why does this sound like a good idea??:wink:

Back
Top Bottom