What would you do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny

dirty-finned dive goddess
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Scenerio: You pick up a few lotto tickets for friends as Chirstmas gifts. Lotto is up to $20 million. However, with all the hustle and bustle of the holiday, you forgot to give them to your friends. You realize your snaffu after the drawing and decide to check the numbers yourself. WINNER!!!! You are holding a ticket worth $20 million!
Do you give the ticket to your friend or keep it for yourself?

As you dont know which friend would have received the winning ticket make a list of all you were going to give tickets to and include yourself and split the pot evenly everyone is happy and you dont feel guilty .

easy. keep it and give them 100 K.

(or the digital photo frame your mom gave you.)

sure. Believe me, my friends will understand. AND be thrilled with the 100 K, if they are smart.

Now, if you gave them the ticket and they left it at your house, then, you have a moral dilemma. I think it is funny how clear and swift my personal moral compass gives me readings. lol.

Best intentions are a nice thing... however, I can't remember all the things I've *intended* to do, and then changed my mind for much lesser incentive...

You keep it... no contest...

Buy 'em a fruitcake, and take them all on a diving trip...

(Doesn't make me a bad person, does it?)

I would still be your friend.

Well now how interesting.. .wouldn't the basics of honesty, truth, and integrity play into this. No contest, the ticket would not be in my possession but theirs. My clearest intention was to purchase the ticket in order to be gifted to them as an opportunity for financial change should the odds be in their favor. My own conscience would haunt me if I kept it.

This would obviously be a life changing event. I would split it with them, my conscience would be clear if we all benefitted.

Back
Top Bottom