what would you do? Mk25 or HOG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am another HOG fan. I have six and I am very happy with them. Im not saying anything bad about ScubaPro or any other brand but I trust my HOG regs and since I do it just makes no sense to spend twice as much on another reg. HOG is cheap, reliable, offers parts to public and has all the features I wanted in a reg. As long as they stay in buisiness I dont think I will ever look back.

HOG is cheap, reliable, offers parts to public and has all the features I wanted in a reg. As long as they stay in buisiness I dont think I will ever look back.

Please dont call HOG "cheap". Lets call them a great bargain. Good value for your dollar.

Zeagle is one of the few USA made regs. Made in Zephyrhills, FL USA. Why are you all so adamant about regs made outside of the US?

The Zeagle DS50 is sealed. I think Atomic regs are also made in the USA.

Zeagle Systems, BCs, Regulators, and Scuba Accessories

Apeks are made in the UK. I'd purchase Apeks over made in SE Asia which is where Hog is made.

Zeagle is my regulator of choice for many reasons including made is the USA by US workers. Think about where your money goes as these days it is important.

If you live in America buy US made products when you can. 80% of my dive kit is USA made.... Zeagle regs, Hammerhead BP/W, Zeagle Stiletto, Force Fins, Manta Ray Fins.

nfarrar:6293521:
HOG is cheap, reliable, offers parts to public and has all the features I wanted in a reg. As long as they stay in buisiness I dont think I will ever look back.

Please dont call HOG "cheap". Lets call them a great bargain. Good value for your dollar.

Agreed, poor choice of words.

I don't understand the point of saying that it's easier to buy a reg that's further away and on a different continent... As if that even matters anyway.

In many cases it's also what your local guys carry what prices they have and what can be easily serviced. And some perks like parts for life. The latter you do not get when you order say Apeks from europe, but at the same time they can be had cheaper. As you know SP has canceled this program so with SP its not even a consideration at all.

One person who I consider on of the best technician in the local area told me that they are not servicing anything that they do not have a formal training for. So things like HOG that have almost 0 penetration here and they do not want to invest in the training. Although they service many other brands including aqualung/apeks, SP, Zeagle, Mares. They stock parts for them and they always have the kits and they buy them in bulk so the shipping is cheaper and thus reflects on the service cost.

Sell me the mk25s and go but some new regs. Then we both 'win'.

Here is the US Scubapro parts for life is still in affect if you purchase a regulator, BC and Computer at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom