What would you do different, if you had PADI OW certification to do all over again?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having gone with PADI all the way from OW to becoming an Instructor I would not change anything. My training began with one PADI Instructor from OW to Rescue Diver and then with another PADI shop for DM and Instructor. I honestly don't think the agency has nearly as much to do with it as does the Instructor. I was lucky to have great ones in PADI. I'm sure the same can be said for Instructors in other agencies. When I teach, I am always aware of this and put forth more than the minimum for my students because the same was done for me.

Like drbill, PADI did not exist and I didn't even live in LA, so I went with my Dad's School of SCUBA and Machinery Repair. As I look back, it was quite an in depth class considering neither one of us had used SCUBA and we only had 1 set of gear cosisting of a steel 72, j-valve, double hose reg and, capillary depth gauge, and a book. In 1980, when shops really wanted to see c-cards for air fills, I certified in a PADI / NAUI OW class and only regret I didn't buy the NAUI card as well.

Bob
---------------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom