what would you buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ripman3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
ok, so I feel the need to buy another reg.
scubapro MK25 evo.
scubapro MK17.
what do you think?
I dive in NY/NJ. cold water.
thanks

I haven't had an issue with my MK25 in cold water, but can't vouch for others. If you're looking at the Mk17, make sure the hose routing is going to work for you. The HP hose comes out at an angle that doesn't work for me at all.

how do you use the MK 17? with singles or doubles?

Sorry about that, my brain was still in the sidemount mode. I've never used the MK17 for twins. The MK25 works great for twins, but I'm assuming you're worried about cold water. I've been ice diving with my MK25s, which aren't the EVOs.

I have the MK25 evo and I love it. what I was thinking was should I get another 25 or pick up 2 MK17 for doubles. I know the MK25 would be better for hose routing, but I like the MK17 because it is a sealed reg. has anyone used the 17 for doubles?

cold salt water? not a prayer of getting me into an unsealed piston reg. Too much of a PITA. Are you bound to Scubapro for any reason? The reason being is that the MK25 offers the best hose routing of any style of reg out there, 5 port swivel turret, for backmount singles and doubles, and sidemount. That said, a sealed diaphragm is best for that, and the Dive Rite XT would get my nod for a new reg at the moment. The Deep6 regs should be here in a week or two and will be a great option, but you won't be able to get them serviced, you'll have to do them yourself. Dive Rite XT's are best of all worlds

i like scubapro regs. I don't know too much about other regs. I wouldn't know how to service the regs myself. im not there just yet

what do you have? why do you want a new one? what does your current reg lack? what are your end diving goals? do you ultimately want to service your own regs?

not sure about service but maybe one day. I have a MK25 evo I was thinking of getting the MK17 for back mounted twins. or just getting another MK25. im not sure what reg to get. I dive in cold salt water so I was thinking the 17, I just wanted to know what people thought about them. I am hooked on wreck diving in NY and NJ, my dream is diving the Andrea Doria. so I guess technical diving is my end goal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom